Black screen when playing Garry's Mod

Done everything like in your tutorial
Ps : sorry for photo, I have accidentally blacklisted my internet driver, while trying to fix my crashing problem
Ps 2 : using Kate because I forgot about internet problem and closed terminal

Did you see my suggestion about using AMDGPU driver instead of old RADEON driver?

To remove the blacklisting, reverse the operation, delete the line added in the file or remove the file if it only contains this line.

kate /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf

inspect the file, if it only contains the line blacklist r8169 then you can delete the file with sudo rm /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf command, if it contains other lines, then just delete the blacklist r8169 line and save the file.

To force using the AMDGPU driver for your video card, install the following package:

sudo pacman -S amdgpu-experimental

If it works then try, if it boots to black screen, then you open a TTY with CTRL+ALT+F3 and you remove the package with

sudo pacman -R amdgpu-experimental

Tried to use 4.14 kernel, now grub gives me error : unknown filesystem
I guess it’s my curse of Linux stuff not working properly.

• 4.14 kernel is now EOL, you will need to stay on 5.*
  • Take things more slowly, and resolve what hinders you one step at a time.
  • That last error is ill omen: you might have a faulty drive… But let’s proceed through the previous steps first.

I can’t help if you ignore everything I write and do whatever goes through your mind.

Apologies for not being here, to undo the blacklisting, remove the file you just created and reboot. This command ought to take care of everything:

sudo sh -c 'rm -f /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf && reboot'

IF there’s only the one line in the blacklist.conf file.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.