Black screen on steam store and community page

This happened recently. When I go to Store or Comunity, all I get is the black screen:

This is known and an old bug, but the thing is: sites discuss solution from years ago on Windows. There is no webhelper on Linux version, there is no compatibility mode on Steam.exe so there is nothing I can do. Disabling Steam beta participation (or re-enabling it) didn’t help either. The only workaround so far is to use Big Picture Mode where store works fine.

Any idea how to fix it?

1 Like

i dont have steam installed, but maybe manually deleting its web cache? not sure where that is though. just an idea.

this looks a little more promising, a few posts from the bottom.

reinstalling libnss3 supposedly fixed it, for a few others also. not sure if you would need to do that from aur. manjaro only has libnss_nis package.

1 Like

Thanks, that seems to be the issue. I also couldn’t launch some game because of the runtime errors so I uninstalled steam-native and now all works correctly. I guess when the beta patch will be available, I can use steam-native again, unless there are more problems with it. Will see.

I'm confused. You uninstalled steam-native, so what are you doing now to run steam/your steam games?

Dude, this was over a month ago :wink: . This is eons in arch time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

First, there was an issue that needed to uninstall steam-native. Then soon they patched steam so I could install steam-native again. Then they discovered that the patch is messing with fonts of few valve games so they reverted it so the bug is present again. So I just altered my launch command to avoid that bug till the situation is resolved. This way I can use steam-native and still don't have that bug.

See:

yup removed steam native and launched in terminal works now

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Forum kindly sponsored by