Black screen on steam store and community page

This happened recently. When I go to Store or Comunity, all I get is the black screen:

This is known and an old bug, but the thing is: sites discuss solution from years ago on Windows. There is no webhelper on Linux version, there is no compatibility mode on Steam.exe so there is nothing I can do. Disabling Steam beta participation (or re-enabling it) didn’t help either. The only workaround so far is to use Big Picture Mode where store works fine.

Any idea how to fix it?

1 Like

i dont have steam installed, but maybe manually deleting its web cache? not sure where that is though. just an idea.

this looks a little more promising, a few posts from the bottom.

reinstalling libnss3 supposedly fixed it, for a few others also. not sure if you would need to do that from aur. manjaro only has libnss_nis package.

1 Like

Thanks, that seems to be the issue. I also couldn’t launch some game because of the runtime errors so I uninstalled steam-native and now all works correctly. I guess when the beta patch will be available, I can use steam-native again, unless there are more problems with it. Will see.

I'm confused. You uninstalled steam-native, so what are you doing now to run steam/your steam games?

Dude, this was over a month ago :wink: . This is eons in arch time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: .

First, there was an issue that needed to uninstall steam-native. Then soon they patched steam so I could install steam-native again. Then they discovered that the patch is messing with fonts of few valve games so they reverted it so the bug is present again. So I just altered my launch command to avoid that bug till the situation is resolved. This way I can use steam-native and still don't have that bug.

See:

yup removed steam native and launched in terminal works now

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark