Beelink SER5 pre-installed default passwords?

Just got my SER5 with pre-installed Manjaro Linux. What I can do, works, but I don’t have any passwords.

Does anyone know what the default password for the default user ‘beelink’ is?

The default root password?

I’ve tried manjaro, oem, and beelink with sudo and su, and to sign in with the beelink default user. Nothing works, as far as I can tell.

Thanks for any info!

There is no default user and password as it is an OEM installation.

The oem installer uses oem:oem as the defaults to load the system on first boot.

The normal flow when you start the system for the first time is

• the Calamares installer launches the OEM part
  • the enduser configure your username and password(s)
  • the installer removes the OEM parts
  • the system restarts

It is possible beelink has customized the process. In such event you need to ask beelink for the credentials.

Thanks. I get that.

There’s no ‘oem’ user in /etc/passwd. There is a ‘beelink’ user. So clearly this isn’t just an untouched oem install.

‘beelink’ is the only user that shows up in the GUI System Settings > Users. It’s an Administrator. This still won’t allow me to do anything root-y while logged in as beelink.

sudo requires a password I don’t have.

Has anyone else bought a Beelink SER5 pre-install box? Can you tell me the default passwords they used for ‘beelink’ and ‘root’?

Per https://forum.manjaro.org/t/beelink-ser4-4800u-issues-with-wifi-and-other-small-things/120944:

I wonder what they did. That doesn’t work. I can’t even get back in when it times out and locks the screen. Can’t change the password for the ‘beelink’ user from the console without the current password. Can’t add users.

Anyone get the SER5 in case they changed it?

Thanks.

@spikerguy maybe check with Beelink again what they did. Most likely they created a user for whatever reason.

Thanks for the help. Beelink said there were no passwords set but I booted from a thumbdrive with the minimal Plasma setup, mounted the SSD and looked at /etc/shadow.

Root had a password hash and so did the ‘beelink’ default user. I edited the text to remove the hash and put x in root, and removed the hash from ‘beelink’.

I rebooted from the system SSD, set a password for ‘beelink’ and I have a machine. I can add and change users, sudo, etc. so everything works like it’s supposed to.

Props to you at Manjaro for making it really easy to find and use the ISO I needed to create the boot thumbdrive!

1 Like

This is not right as they should not create any usernMe.

If you want I can share the oem image to you and you can flash it again and create user account by yourself.

Let me know.

Password was 123

Thank you.

It appears to be a clean KDE Plasma install of Manjaro other than the username 1001 ‘beelink’. I used to administer Solaris and Linux machines, and bought this one to freshen up on Linux again, so I’m reasonably comfortable messing around and seeing what happens.

Is there any reason I should flash it again, now that I got in and it works?

No reason to install.

I discussed this matter with beelink already, it was the users error to flashed manjaro at the warehouse.

He created a completed the whole oem process of installation which includes user creation.

Have fun with your new device.

I just ran into the same problem as @BarryD , when I booted my new SER5 5600H for the 1st time.
It booted directly into the beelink account.

The password for the beelink account is not beelink or 123. (or 1234 or 12345 for that matter).

I’m going to do what BarryD did, and boot from a flash drive and edit the /etc/shadow, thanks for the notes @BarryD .

@spikerguy I’m mostly replying here to say me too, and possibly help others who run into this. I’ll reply again if I’m still having issues after my boot from usb.

1 Like

Thanks.

I had a discussion with the beelink warehouse team, found out they were using the wrong image to flash at the factory. So they had to entry login and password for it.

I will post the oem image if you want to run beelink branded manjaro os :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m all set for now. I appreciate the quick reply! Nice to know I can ask for the image if I end up finding I want it!

I had a bootable kubuntu usb, which I used to mount the root and all I had to do was edit /etc/passwd and change the beelink:x:... to beelink::... (ie remove the x in the password field), which gives the user no password. Reboot manjaro and I used passwd to set the password to beelink for now. Just so it doesn’t have no password.

I can now just get on w/ configuring my system.

1 Like

Have fun with your new device.

1 Like