bauh (formerly known as fpakman) - A GUI for Flatpak and Snap management

Should be fixed with next update. I have the same issue. You can try out staging release. Works well

1 Like

On Manjaro you should not use pip install as it requires you to use sudo which can possibly create file conlicts on later installs.

Other than that :+1: for the efforts.

3 Likes

Just installed it and installed QGis. Worked like a charm! Well done! :+1:

1 Like

Great @Yochanan ! I will be publishing 0.4.2 tomorrow probably. It is going to fix this "index error" issue that happens to some users.

@linux-aarhus you are completely right. My intention was to inform that is also available in PyPi and you can install it with pip. The project README file shows how you can install with pip in a "sandboxed" way using a virtualenv.

1 Like

I made this questions about fpakman:

Appears only Flatpak checked, Apps I could not check and did not even appears Snap to check.

@servimo, this flatpak / snaps runtimes are not managed by pacman / pamac. They are managed by flatpak and snap clients. So you will not have conflicts with pacman upgrading them with fpakman.

You can check / uncheck updates by clicking the green circle located in the right corner of the app row. If the circle is hidden means the app has no update available. In Snaps case, the snapd automatically upgrades your apps, but there is a "Refresh" option when you right click a snap application that can force an update.

If your search returns nothing, click the "Refresh" button to return to the main window.

1 Like

So, fpakman is not for install snap packages, it's only for updates?
I search for dropbox and it shows a (checked) flatpak Dropbox with an "X" by its side.

Will this client be forced upon us? Or can people who do not care about flatpaks or snaps(we have the AUR afterall?) simply ignore it? Will it come preinstalled?

If you hover you're mouse over the :x: it tells you if it's installed or not.

It's not installed. What to do if I want to install it?

Right-click, select install.

You can click on things. I promise nothing will explode. :grin:

3 Likes

but why there is no Snap to check? Am I missing something? I have Snap installed.

@servimo, probably there is no snap runtime installed on your system. Check if snapd is installed and enabled. You can do that by typing:

snap --version

If snapd version is returned as unavailable, you will have to enable it with the following command:

sudo systemctl enable --now snapd.socket

1 Like

Where is my head at Sunday? Of course I have it installed, but did not enabled the systemd service.

Now everything on fpakman is working. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Version 0.4.2 shows a popup to the user when snapd is disabled.

1 Like

I have no idea if it's because I login in my snap account.

BTW, I have not try the next version.

I installed 0.4.1 from pacman. Everything is woking, great~

@vfm90 when you start the application it minimize itself to the tray. Maybe start it in displaying the application when started for desktop file.

That was actually one of my annoyances I was going to post on github about. Hadn't gotten to that yet though. :wink:

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark