Battery Shows not charging though power is plugged in

Hello all,

I have Manjaro KDE edition with 5.4 LTS kernel, with Lifebook A555, i3 5th Gen processor. I am facing a strange issue. Sometimes battery shows not charging though the power is plugged in. Other thing I have noticed that Laptop physical battery LED shows that power is plugged in at the same time when this issue occurs at GUI level. I have to restart the system to get it working.

I am using TLP with, Lm sensors with default settings and faced same issue with Cinnamon too. I have tried changing Kernel, issue still persists. No issues faced on Linux OS like Arch, Endeavor etc. As I face this issue only with Manjaro.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. Please read this:
    How to provide good information
    and post some more information so we can see what’s really going on. Now we know the symptom of the disease, but we need some more probing to know where the origin lies…

2. An inxi --admin --verbosity=7 --filter --no-host --width would be the minimum required information… (Personally Identifiable Information like serial numbers and MAC addresses will be filtered out by the above command)

3. The output of sudo tlp-stat --battery would be helpful as well…

:+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! I am trying to paste the output of the above commands. As I click reply to submit the message, it gives message that: “Sorry, you can’t include links in your posts.” I don’t have any links in the message. Please guide if there are any changes needs to be done in the output. Thanks

Have you read the full post?

It describes how to do that in detail…

I’m having the same issue of the battery not charging when running KDE Manjaro 5.4 kernel. The machine charges (Acer 5740) fine in WIN 10. Having followed the Manjaro power management advice installed TLP but it would not let me recalibrate. A bit more digging revealed that TLP is for Thinkpads only! Battery Features — TLP 1.3.1 documentation. I have had no luck with Laptop Management Tools either.

I was also having overheating problems, Thermald wouldn’t recognise the laptop. I installed Corectl as a work around.

Hello Dear, I installed latest version of KDE Manjaro from scratch with 5.10 kernel that come by default. This issue seem to be fixed. Didn’t face this issues till now and it’s almost been few days already using new version of Manjaro. Please install Manjaro’s new version and check if it fixes it. It seems to be fixed from my end. Thanks!