KDE Device Notifier does not detect usb disks

Hello community,

New Linux user, 15 days, coming from Windows 7 and after some distribution tasting, I felt at home with Manjaro (KDE version).

My problem is with KDE ‘disks and devices’ applet. When I insert a usb disk in a new session, it is detected by ‘Device Notifier’ which offers the option to mount it. So far so good! However, after I have unmounted the usb disk, ‘Device Notifier’ will not detect any usb disks that I connect to pc. I would then have to log-out and back in for it to see the drive.
My current workaround is to Mount/Unmount usb disks from ‘Dolphin’ file manager but I am worried that this may not be recommended practice since there is a specific app for this task.
Any help towards resolving this issue will be appreciated!

ps: Since this my first post here, I would like to say a big THANK YOU to the developers of Manjaro!

After some Google search, I came across this page Disk & Devices applet doesn’t show USB removable devices and SD cards after disconnecting and re-connecting them which actually confirms that this is a bug, not yet fixed!

P.S. hello @nl.smart

Well, I am aware of that option in ‘System Settings’, however it seems like another workaround in my case, since I don’t really want ‘automatic mounting’. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.