Bluetooth device is "not available"

Hello all,

A previously paired bluetooth device is registering as “not available” in bluetoothctl. I am able to see the information in the cache in /var/lib/bluetooth, but when I try to do anything with that MAC in bluetoothctl, I keep getting back that “Device XXXXX not available”.

For what it’s worth, all of my other peripherals work just fine that connect over bluetooth, and these headphones are able to pair to other devices (e.g. my phone). Please let me know what type of unblocking/whitelisting/whatever that I can do with bluetooth to get these to work again. Thanks!

Regards,
– Andrew

Is removing and pairing again not an option?

Do you have pulseaudio-bluetooth installed yet? I personally had to install that package to make my bluetooth speakers and headphones work. Works fine with the GUI for me after I installed it and restart my computer.

Yes, pulseaudio-bluetooth has been installed for a while.

No, it will not let me remove it:

[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# remove 20:74:CF:3B:73:15
Device 20:74:CF:3B:73:15 not available
[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# info 20:74:CF:3B:73:15                                                                                                                                                                                                   
[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# pair 20:74:CF:3B:73:15                                                                                                                                                                                                   
[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# unblock 20:74:CF:3B:73:15                                                                                                                                                                                                
[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# connect 20:74:CF:3B:73:15                                                                                                                                                                                                
[Bluetooth4.0Mouse]# disconnect 20:74:CF:3B:73:15                                                                                                                                                                                             

And it refuses to find it when scanning.

Bump.

FWIW - I’ve tried pairing this with my laptop, which has the same patch set as my desktop, and it works just fine. Also, all of my bluetooth mice work just fine on this desktop, it is just this one set of headphones that is not working.

If there would be a way to reset or uninstall/reinstall, I’ll try that too.

EDIT:

FWIW, I power cycled the bluetooth headphones 4 times, and the fifth time it found the device.

Really early on I had an issue and had to completely disconnect the desktop from power in order to flush the hardware cache to handle a similar issue. Between the last Jan 25th post and the one above this, I took everything apart to fix the heatsink, which may have reset the bluetooth chip hardware.

I also played around with the headphones, making sure that they were disconnected from all other devices and performed a reset.

Keep in mind that I did all of this before while troubleshooting. I’m still not sure what happened in the interim to fix this. Sorry for the lack of an actual solution.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.