Thanks to u/Eroldin in r/ManjaroLinux for helping me test this since I don't own an AMD GPU.
This just adds two new configs for AMD+NVIDIA setups for NVIDIA 435xx and 440xx. Adding support for a setup like this will only become more important as AMD gains more market share in the laptop market.
- Make sure you do not have any custom xorg config files (not by mhwd) in
- Download the mhwd-db package
- Install the package
sudo pacman -U mhwd-db-0.6.3-20-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
- Open the mhwd GUI
- Uninstall any other nvidia drivers (video-linux is fine)
- Install the video-hybrid-amd-nvidia-xxxxx-prime of your choice
- (Assuming that you booted successfully, otherwise go to step 9) Try
glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer" && prime-run glxinfo | grep "OpenGL renderer"
- Tell me what happened
Commit in question that can be cherrypicked/merged: https://gitlab.com/TotallyNotElite/mhwd-db-tne/-/commit/f31bbd4aa0baf46414186b104e1436f850220c32