USB Webcam in browser doesn't work anymore

I have an Logitech USB webcam. It works some time ago in the browser, (e.g. microsoft teams-meetings) but now it didn’t work anymore.
In Zoom the webcam work as expected.

But in browser (e.g. in microsoft teams, or in this testing-page: https://webcamtests.com/), it doesn’t work at all.

v4l2-ctl --list-devices
Logitech BRIO (usb-0000:00:14.0-4):
        /dev/video0
        /dev/video1
        /dev/video2
        /dev/video3
        /dev/media0

I’ve tested the cam with V4L2 and this settings, (auto detected) and it show me the video-screen if I click on the green play button:

If I look into /dev I found 4 Video-devices: video0 till video 3

Testing all those devices with V4L2 result in:

1. video0 = Webcam work
  2. video1 and video3 = webcam don’t work (only small black square 16px is shown)
  3. video2 = Webcam partially work - means black and white (fast flickering image) is shown

I do attach a screenshot of all 4 “auto-detect values” now, as they all differ:

How can I figure out, why the cam doesn’t work in chrome, brave and firefox anymore?

This sounds like a browser permissions issue to me. I don’t know what browser you’re using, but in Firefox for instance, you have a section in the security settings for allowing access to your webcam, in which you can selectively enable or disable that. :arrow_down:

Likewise, Chromium has a similar page, which I presume will look the same in the full-fat google-chrome from the AUR. :arrow_down:

Finally got it to work.

Solution is here: USB Webcam in browser doesn’t work anymore - Part 2 - #18 by rethus

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.