Autostarting conky

Ok, so I’ve been trying to autostart conky.
As it is, I’m running a bunch of conky scripts, and I use a bash script to start them all together. I have been trying to figure out the “System Settings” app, but no luck so far.

So the bash script (new.sh) is executable and in my home directory. I’ve tried adding it as a “login script” on the system settings app, but it doesn’t work. Should I add it as an application?

Thank you all in advance. :grinning:

Hi @Bernyjb,

If the script is working fine, it should work having it in ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env/. That’s where I have mine.

Edit:

Changed a wrong/faulty path. Now correct.

Thank you Mirdarthos. I tried it, but it didn’t work. :slightly_frowning_face:

It does show under “autostart” on the settings app, as a “Pre-startup Script” (with the full path) though…

Bummer!

Accoring to this page:

As suggested by @grawity in the following comment, there is a method valid for all DEs, which is to place the executable in /home/YourName/.config/autostart.

So try placing the file in~/.config/autostart/ and see what happens…

Edit:

Also, see this PDF from KDE themselves.

Nope. I read the .pdf (and downloaded it. Thank you. :wink:) but again, it didn’t work. I added the script to “autostart” on the system-settings app, but conky shows up before the actual startup, and then it disappears. :man_shrugging:

Alright, nevermind. I’ve been straining my hardware for weeks, because I REALLY want to find a replacement for Fedora, but it’s time to smarten up.
I tried Mabox, and loved the Crunchbang feel it has, but ended up being disappointed, and finally came back to Manjaro when I started having issues to update it. Now, I could deal with conky, but, AGAIN, when I try to update I get a “corrupted GPG keys” message. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
I guess it’s time to go back to Fedora…

make a conky.desktop file in ~/.config/autostart with the contents:

[Desktop Entry]
Name=Conky
GenericName=ConkyStartup
Comment=Start conky on boot
Exec=path_to_script
Terminal=false
Type=Application

and reboot

1 Like