Auto Mount NTFS partition

hey y’all, I’m dual booting Windows and Manjaro - I can see my Windows NTFS drives in Manjaro, and they get mounted when I click on the “storage” drives in Dolphin, but they are not automatically mounted on boot. How can I accomplish this?
Reason being is I run a Plex media server and I need those drives mounted on boot to access my media.
Thank you for your time.

I followed this guide to add my music drive

1 Like

thank you for the guide, I was gonna do something like:
chown -R user:group direcory_to_be_changed
but chown scares me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

awesome, thank you, this worked-
one minor edit on the syntax:
THE-UUID-YOU-COPIED /home/canelesso/ssd250 ntfs-3g auto,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,utf8,umask=022,defaults 0 0

fstab wants the “=” sign after the UUID:

THE-UUID-YOU-COPIED**=**/home/canelesso/ssd250 ntfs-3g auto,nofail,uid=1000,gid=1000,utf8,umask=022,defaults 0 0

that’s all, cheers!

/etc/fstab: static file system information.

Use ‘blkid’ to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may

be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if

disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).

No, that’s not correct either. It should be… :arrow_down:

UUID=THE_UUID_YOU_COPIED   /path/to/directory  fs_type mount,options   0   0

right, I cut and pasted incorrectly - it’s like you said UUID=XXX /home/xxx
the guide showed UUID /home/xxx without the equal sign

That’s because the poster I was replying to on that thread supposedly already knew that much, but I’ve edited my original post there now. :wink:

1 Like

thank you for taking the time to solve my issue - I have to say, I’ve been distro hopping for a while now and this forum has been the most responsive and helpful of any I have tried - God Bless ya’ll

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.