Auto-mount drives at boot

Wait wait wait. Don’t type all the commands again and again.

First as @linux-aarhus tutorial advise, reload the daemon.
Second, you already enabled with success data-part1.mount according to previous posts.

You get a failure for part1 as you can see.
Either you only type the command for the remaining mounts - here part2 I guess - or you first unmake all your actions then you relaunch all the commands. (so if you already enabled part1, disable it. If you had started it, stop it.)

1 Like

oops, sorry - haha told you I can break it!

I’ll go back and retry from the start…

I’m going to bed now, but read carefully all the topic when you have time, to really understand all the steps.

In the above examples, if you’d need to undo all the actions, undo all starting by the end.
So sudo systemctl disable data-backup.mount, then systemctl show -p ActiveState -p SubState --value data-backup.mount to check the status, and sudo systemctl stop data-backup.mount

Good luck!

1 Like

the uuid’s I just copied and pasted…I had a mismatch on the part and where lines (in part 2) so I fixed that…but apparently I had to restart the daemon?? Not sure what that means…is it I need to unmount the drives and then re-run it?

Oh and sorry for delay - I got called away…

Look, thanks guys - but I am going to delete those two from systemd and give it up…at this stage this stuff is way over my head…

If I installed the KDE desktop this function is simply ticking a box in the file manager, or whatever it’s called. I like xfce but I think it is more for experts who can do this stuff…I tried a reboot and it hung fro ages then something or other timed out and it booted to Manjaro, but that was enough of scare for me…I deleted those two files and re-booted after shutting down totally and it re-booted just fine. SO I might just leave it.

Thanks again, you really did post enough info and help, I just couldn’t fully comprehend it. I might try again at a later stage.

You were there - you just forgot to edit the where part in your second mount unit.

You just pointed the Where= to the same mountpoint as the previous unit.

Also - you didn’t remove the $ sign in the template

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.