AUR Errors Using yay Command

Hello Everyone,

As the subject states I am getting some weird errors when running the yay command and need some help troubleshooting how to resolve some of the output. Please refer to the output below:

yay                                                                                                                                                      
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 multilib is up to date
:: Searching AUR for updates...
:: Searching databases for updates...
 -> Packages not in AUR: adwaita-color-schemes  adwaita-qt5  adwaita-qt6  electron12  electron18  etcher  gnome-getting-started-docs  gnome-system-log  gtkhash-nautilus  manjaro-documentation-en  manjaro-dynamic-wallpaper  manjaro-firmware  manjaro-gnome-postinstall  manjaro-gnome-tour  nodejs-lts-gallium  noto-fonts-compat  qgnomeplatform-qt6  systemd-fsck-silent  tracker  tracker-miners  vino  webkit2gtk-5.0
 -> Orphan (unmaintained) AUR Packages: ttf-ubuntu-mono-derivative-powerline-git
 -> Flagged Out Of Date AUR Packages: extension-manager  microsoft-edge-beta-bin
 there is nothing to do

Specifically, what do I do about the Packages NOT in AUR, Orphan AUR Packages, and Flagged out of Date AUR packages messages I get? Is there a way to ‘fix’ these issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Asif

Technically there is nothing wrong - the messages are purely informational

If you need them - nothing - otherwise remove them.

Thanks! How do I remove the messages?

I don’t think you can … what you can is to remove the packages …

As pacman does not handle AUR packages you could use pacman to check for updates.

You should really replace those with their supported core counterparts where applicable and remove the rest.

These should all be removed outright.

I dont know if this is replacing systemd package, but if so you should install systemd.

This is insanely old and should probably be removed.

And so on.

Thanks for the reply! Is there an easy way to identify the correct replacement packages?

Thanks!

Why do you think there needs to be replacements?

@zbe - So, I am asking how do I identify the correct core counterparts?

It’s on you to check if anything depends on those packages and if not you don’t need to replace them with anything.

Ok, to the best of what I can find this should make sure to install the core counterparts

sudo pacman -Syu libadwaita adwaita-icon-theme adwaita-cursors adw-gtk-theme gradience electron gnome-user-docs gnome-logs gtkhash nodejs-lts-hydrogen noto-fonts systemd webkit2gtk tracker3 tracker3-miners

And these are the additional AUR packages that seem to match some of your list. I doubt these are required, and you may wish to reconsider whether you want some or all of these.

yay -Syu adwaita-qt5-git adwaita-qt6-git etcher-bin qgnomeplatform-qt6-git openvino

And now for the removals. Depending on if some of these were replaced already, the command may ‘fail’ due to a would-be-removed package no longer being present. In that case strike the package from the list and run the command again.

sudo pacman -Rns adwaita-color-schemes  adwaita-qt5  adwaita-qt6  electron12  electron18  etcher  gnome-getting-started-docs  gnome-system-log  gtkhash-nautilus  manjaro-documentation-en  manjaro-dynamic-wallpaper  manjaro-firmware  manjaro-gnome-postinstall  manjaro-gnome-tour  nodejs-lts-gallium  noto-fonts-compat  qgnomeplatform-qt6  systemd-fsck-silent  tracker  tracker-miners  vino  webkit2gtk-5.0

This package is not included above. Its up to you whether you want to remove it as well.

And since some of these include systemd and firmware, etc … we should also run the following;

sudo mkinitcpio -P && sudo update-grub
1 Like