Attempting to install Manjaro KDE boot freezes at random spots

Hello!
I’ve had Manjaro installed on this machine before.
the computer is a Dell Precision T5610 with dual Intel Xeon E5-2650 v2s and 64 Gigs of ECC ram.
When I had Manjaro on it before it was running an Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060.
I ended up having to put it back to windows but now I’ve gotten my hands on an AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT.
Runs great in Windows but now that I am ready to go back to Manjaro, I can’t get it to boot from the live USB. Only difference is the video card all hardware is the same. I’ve redownloaded a couple of times and written it to several different USB drives. I verified the checksum and everything.
I know the system is only PCIe 3.0 and that card is 4.0 but it runs fine in Windows.
Is there a trick to getting it to load?
What could be preventing the live USB from successfully booting?
There is never any error the screen just freezes when it is listing the “reached target” then it names some hardware, but it stops at different places every time.
Thanks for any tips or clues.

this is very likely the reason you can install… there should be some settings in bios to enable pcie 3.0 …

Hey, thanks for the reply. The motherboard is only capable of PCIe 3.0.
The card is running at PCIe 3.0 compatibility. Is there a boot setting or something I can do to make it boot with a generic driver instead of trying to load the radeon driver or amdgpu driver?

this is for asus bios settings, see if you dont have something similar:

"find the setting “PCIEx16_1 link speed” in the Asus B560-I’s BIOS and make the switch from “Auto” to “Gen3”. "

you are booting already with open source drivers…