bluetooth
kde

It returned nothing …

It seems it’s not recognized … @FadeMind

No output = search FILE in home dir.

@FadeMind I’ve uploaded it with Ghostbin
https://ghostbin.com/paste/n7dps

Issues with Bluetooth: hci0: don't support firmware rome

Apr 18 12:46:36 quasar kernel: Bluetooth: hci0: don't support firmware rome 0x31010000

BT does not work cause kernel does not find proper firmware files…

Atheros AR9565 ath9k 0000:03:00.0 wlp3s0: renamed from wlan0

@FadeMind I also raised a similar issue at almost same time.. The issue is due to this. But I don’t understand how to solve it.

The link references a patch, but there are no download links to obtain the patch. Your best bet may be to downgrade your kernel. At least until the newer kernels have this issue resolved. Good luck.

Which kernel should I use ? I’m using 4.14.34-1 kernel version.

I’d drop down to the 4.9 LTS kernel and try that one.

The bug report said it was working on prior kernels, so in your case older might actually be better.

My bluetooth is working now with Kernel 4.1.51-1! Thanks for all the support guys! :smile:

Trying that one in this momment cause i have the same problem as you. Do you think i am loosing something downgrading the kernel? like an feature or something that make me think it is ok to sacrifice bluetooth? i do use bluetooth for my speakers though. thanks.

Well @FabricioLujano, I believe you are not going to lose something, but you’re going to use older versions of drivers and internal kernel service. I don’t see any harm about that. Take a look at the changelogs to avoid surprising things. Good luck! :metal:

Thanks a lot for the reply. And i would like to share with you guys the good news. The bluetooth is working again. Perfect. Thanks a lot for that help. And my system is working flawlessly so i won’t be worry about the old kernel services thing. although i am wondering if that driver problem would be solved in next kernel release? thanks again

One more Test ??

Convert packages with debtap and install with pacman
Paket: firmware-atheros (20170823-1) [non-free]

Well, I’m waiting for it! I think Manjaro team cares a lot with our community and they’ll fix this for sure. We are not invisible haha. Furthermore, this is an high occurrency issue and it’s annoying a lot of Manjaro users.

This is merged in linux-firmware already…

Manjaro-Realtime-Kernels News

Sorry for my ignorance but what does that means? should i install something and then upgrade my kernel? or something like that? cause i am using the 4.1.51-1 kernel and i want to use something newer at least 4.14 and thanks again.

• This is INTERNAL kernel quirk issue
  • If you want using BT - stay with working kernel and WAIT for fix (OR switch to Redmond :cry: )
  • Regressions are normal in Linux cause lots changes are made during each development stage between major releases.
  • linux-firmware package have all major firmwares files blobs (including Atheros)

Ok i will stick to my flawless system right now :grinning: don’t worry, i don’t have that virus anymore in my computers like maybe 5 years ago? something like that. and the solution basically is just wait right? thanks again.

[Testing Update] 2018-04-24 - Linux417, Cinnamon, i3, Python
closed #30

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.