At first boot stuck on uboot on rp3-a+

i am using my rp with ttl + putty. also there is no copy from the putty so i can’t copy the text .
here is a pic.

is that related to new raspberry-pi 3 a+ as manjaro-arm not tested on it?

Correct. I assume that the A+ is not supported by the U-Boot for raspberry pi.
It seems to have a different CPU model than the B+.

i asked u this before i think, and u said it will boot. that’s why i brought it.

is there any solution?

I said it should. Not that it would. I don’t state any supported devices, unless I have tested them myself.
I can’t know without owning the hardware!

Did you try the latest rpi2 image?
That’s not using u-boot and is armv7h instead.

i am using this Manjaro-ARM-lxqt-rpi3-18.12.1

my board is raspberry pi 3 a+ , so why i should try rip2 image?

Because every rpi3 is retro compatible with rpi2 instruction set.
And since it doesn’t use u-boot, is easier to test a rpi2 image to see in the boot problem is u-boot itself or something else.

the latest version of rp2 image is 18.10 right?

Yeap, that’s right

the raspberry pi 2 image is not showing any thing. i tested with uart as i don’t have access to a hdmi monitor.

NB: i enabled the uart in config file.

Try installing Arch Linux ARM and see if that boots. If that does not either, then it’s probably a kernel issue.

Installation instructions:
https://archlinuxarm.org/platforms/armv8/broadcom/raspberry-pi-3

i am not that capable to build arch. so i will wait for the offical support.

i have some question .

1. is manjaro arm using the mainline kernel or rpi downstream kernel?
  2. what’s the difference in u-boot and the armv7h

checkout this article https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry-pi-3-testing-out-manjaro-arm-18-12/ they found some issues that needs to be fixed. they also thinks rpi 3a+ does not boots with the manjaro image.

There’s not really much to fix in that article.
He found that Firefox is a memory hog (big surprise…) and that you can’t use a DVI -> HDMI adapter, which I also found in my testing.
He also found that it does not boot on the A+, although no fix suggested.

Why his rpi2 updates made it not boot anymore, I have no idea. I don’t own a rpi2 anymore, and as such the device is marked as “not maintained” everywhere. So that’s not our fault.

Getting the A+ to boot, is not something I’m gonna work towards, unless someone sends me a device for testing.

All the hardware that is marked as maintained, are devices I own myself and have tested on.
The rest I can’t account for.

The rpi2 image uses the rpi downstream kernel. The rpi3 images uses the mainline kernel.

Difference is that armv7h does not use Uboot, but Raspberry Pi Foundations own bootloader.

can you just add the rpi-3 a+ kernel from the pi repo and make a image with that kernel , then upload i will try that image if it builds?

is the rpi have different kernel for every device? if not i think updating the kernel in the majaro image will help.

another question the problem is in bootloader or the kernel?

That’s what the rpi2 image is. It’s the raspberrypi kernel and the raspberry pi bootloader running on armv7h.
If you can’t check if the armv7h image works correctly (with HDMI output, I have no idea how UART works), then you can see if you can connect to it via SSH.

i don’t have any hdmi monitor right now and connecting ssh is not possibel because the a+ dose not have Ethernet , and without display i can’t connect to WiFi.

if the rpi-2 image boots then i can see with the uart. but don’t know why it dosen’t . raspbian work fine with the uart.

is the manjaro rip-2 image’s kernel is uptodate?

The image is not, since it’s from October.
But the kernel in the repo is at 4.14.86 (as of thise writing).

I know I “force” HDMI output, so if you enable UART, you should probably disable HDMI output.

So far I have seen no threads on the Arch Linux ARM forum about rpi3A+ not working so it should be. At least with the rpi2 image.

in official raspberry pi kernel’s latest release is in November 4. but the rpi-3a+ released nov 15??
i think you should make a raspberry pi3 a+ image with the latest commits of the kernel then i should try it out.

If the current images do not work for it, then I am sorry, but we can’t support it, as we don’t own such a device. Armv7h is nearing death state, just like 32-bit x86 is, so I won’t be buying any such device.
I won’t update a kernel package for a device we don’t support anymore (rpi2 is no longer supported).

rpi3 + uboot is the actively supported?