Asus 1201N ION (GeForce 9400m) not working on

Hi,
I’ve installed Manjaro Linux on Asus netbook. This is the only one distro our of many I’ve tested working very smoothly (almost perfectly). However I have one serious issue with it. I think drivers for nvidia are not installed (the latest driver which was supported that GPU is out of support). I could live with that, but any of browser which I’ve installed (chromium/brave) is not working, and I need them to run one of my project. I get following error:

[1195:1195:0924/100328.217382:ERROR:gbm_wrapper.cc(253)] Failed to export buffer to dma_buf: No such file or directory (2)

I don’t know if any generic driver for opengl/hw accelerator with limited support of GPU in order to run above software?

Thanks!

I’m on an GeForce 9400m (mbp’09) using the nvidia driver. It’s working fine. For installing the driver check:
[HowTo] get legacy 340xx NVIDIA drivers back - #18 by omano .

The only issue right now was introduced with a recent update to pamac-manager that requires, if I remember correctly, OpenGl 3 that the card can’t provide. Installing pamac-gtk3 fixes that.

During installation of dkms I have an error

/var/lib/dkms/nvidia/340.108/build/os-interface.h:27:10: fatal error: stdarg.h: No such file or directory

Do you know how to fix that? I am on kernel 6.5.3 and this is fresh Manjaro installation.

Don’t run the latest kernel, use 5.10LTS, 5.15LTS or 6.1LTS. I’d recommend doing that first.

Whenever I get dkms errors, mainly caused by:
gcc mismatch compiler differs from the one used to build the kernel
resulting in a black screen at next boot) I boot into a terminal and run:
sudo dkms autoinstall
Not sure that this will fix your current problem but try it, command will just fail if that wasn’t the issue. In that case please post full output of the error.