[ARM Unstable Update] 2023-05-16 - Python 3.11, Gnome 44, Plasma, KDE Frameworks and more

Hi @philm,

Not sure whether this has been highlighted before. “Pamac Updates Indicator – The extension is incompatible with the current GNOME version” on Arm-Gnome-44.1 from Unstable Repo

It is, just not patched in. add gnome 44 support (0c290270) · Commits · Applications / pamac · GitLab

Thanks.

So next available updates will resolve this? Am green in compiling patches.

Edit: Just upgraded these packages:

pamac-cli-10.5.1-2 pamac-gnome-integration-10.5.1-2 pamac-gtk-10.5.1-2

After Reboot, Pamac Updates Indicator is now working. Thanks.

Hi,
which branch is getting the latest updates? Unstable hasnt pushed anything through for a few days/week?

Yesterday ARM Archlinux team did one big update and this morning philip committed following changes:

• arm-unstable community aarch64: 0 new and 748 removed package(s)

It’s normal because mainline x64 repo had merged comminity to extra and everyone that relies upon the samen hierarchy should now apply it too.

I think we will see some changes soon.

Unfortunately to me, for what I’ve seen, there is no change on the toolchain part (gcc/glibc/binutils) only on Python and openssl for the main components.

I did an update this mourning on unstable for my rpi and the xkeyboard-config-2.38-1 removal and replacing with xkeyboard-config-asahi-2.35.1_3-1 does not make sense when arch-arm has xkeyboard-config 2.39-1.

:: Replace xkeyboard-config with extra/xkeyboard-config-asahi? [Y/n] 
looking for conflicting packages...

Packages (4) geoclue-2.7.0-1 [removal]  geoclue1-0.12.99.8-1
             xkeyboard-config-2.38-1 [removal]
             xkeyboard-config-asahi-2.35.1_3-1

Total Download Size:    0.86 MiB
Total Installed Size:   6.92 MiB
Net Upgrade Size:      -1.22 MiB

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n]

I was waiting a little bit to update my system but I’ve tried to see what’s going on and it’s weird because I still have community db which is full:

:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 260.0 KiB 304 KiB/s 00:01 [#######################################################################################] 100%
extra 2.7 MiB 1498 KiB/s 00:02 [#######################################################################################] 100%
community 6.3 MiB 1359 KiB/s 00:05 [#######################################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: gcr-4: local (4.1.0-1) is newer than extra (3.92.0-1)
:: Replace xkeyboard-config with extra/xkeyboard-config-asahi? [Y/n]

And has you said, there is that non-sense downgrade request from xkeyboard-config.

We have quite a few of our manjaro-arm overlay packages in community.

NO.

Replace geoclue with extra/geoclue1? [Y/n] 

NO.

Use pacman to update. Using pamac, the transaction will stop because of the erroneous replaces arrays in both packages.