[ARM Unstable Update] 2022-11-18 - OpenSSL 3 update

Firefox 109 is now in unstable branch.

1 Like

Hi @Strit,

GT King Pro Manjaro-Arm-KDE-linux-aml-6.0.17-1 Unstable Branch, performed system updates 2 hours ago.

sudo pacman -Syu

System updated without errors, less than 10 packages (including Firefox 109 and linux-aml-6.1.7-1).

Upon restart/reboot, system feels very sluggish or slow. Feels like NO GPU Acceleration at all! I thought the new linux-aml-6.1.7-1 might be causing the issue, so re-install linux-aml-6.0.17-1 and restarted, the same issue, system sluggish and not very responsive on desktop like NO GPU acceleration at all.

[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$ glxinfo -B
name of display: :1
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$ glmark2-es2-wayland
libEGL warning: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast: libLLVM-14.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory (search paths /usr/lib/dri, suffix _dri)

Error: eglInitialize() failed with error: 0x3001
Error: main: Could not initialize canvas
[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$

Indeed “glxinfo -B” and “glmark2-es2-wayland” returns som errors that I have not encountered before. Looks like mesa is not loader properly.

Any tips on how to resolve this. I am currently on Unstable Branch.

Fyi, Firefox 109 start but it does NOT have GPU Acceleration.

I just rebuit and uploaded mesa to unstable, so there is an update on the way to fix that.

2 Likes

Updated to the latest mesa-22.3.3-0.2 linux-aml-6.1.7-1 linux-aml-headers-6.1.7-1 editorconfig-core-c-0.12.6-1 exiv2-0.27.6-1 qt5-base-5.15.8+kde+r174-1.

Now Manjaro-Arm-KDE-linux-aml-6.1.7-1 works smoothly. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @Strit,

Updated to latest Unstable Branch on 2023-01-27, mesa-22.3.4-0.1 and linux-aml-6.1.7-2.
Firefox 109 seems to have some issue running Webglsamples.org Aquarium.

[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$ QT_QPA_PLATFORM=wayland GDK_BACKEND=wayland MOZ_ACCELERATED=1 MOZ_ENABLE_
WAYLAND=1 MOZ_WEBRENDER=1 firefox --private
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: glxtest: DRM render node not clearly de
tectable. Falling back to using the only one that was found. (t=1.11867) [GFX1-]: glxtest: D
RM render node not clearly detectable. Falling back to using the only one that was found.
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[0][GFX1-]: glxtest: DRM render node not clearly de
tectable. Falling back to using the only one that was found. (t=1.11867) |[1][GFX1-]: glxtes
t: VA-API test failed: failed to initialise VAAPI connection. (t=1.11876) [GFX1-]: glxtest:
VA-API test failed: failed to initialise VAAPI connection.
firefox: ../mesa-22.3.4/src/panfrost/lib/pan_bo.c:81: panfrost_bo_alloc: Assertion `!memcmp(
bo, &((struct panfrost_bo){}), sizeof(*bo))' failed.
Exiting due to channel error.
Aborted (core dumped)
[jfl@jfl-mnjro ~]$

I update to the latest unstable and matrix-synapse doesn’t work. It complains about
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'synapse.synapse_rust'

On the upgrading documentation mentions that it needs rust when building from source since version 1.68.

We don’t maintain the matrix-synapse package, so can’t really help you there. But according to the Arch PKGBUILD, it does depend on python-setuptools-rust when building, so it should be there.

Appears to be reported upstream

1 Like

Beelink GT KIng Pro Manjaro-Arm-KDE-linux-aml-6.1.7-2 Unstable Branch, upgraded to KDE-Gears-22.12.2-1 Framework-5.103.0-1 and KDE-Plasma-5.27.0-1 successfully.

All seems to work.

An observation on LibreOffice 7.5 even after installing “hunspell-en_us”, the spell checker does NOT work. Per my previous experience after installing “hunspell-en-us” the spell checker should automatically work but NOT this time.

Had to go to “Tools–>Language–>Formats–>Local-setting” set it to “English (USA)” and Set “Default Languages for Documents Western to Default -English (USA)”. Apply then works.

As far as i remember it should have been preset to “English (USA)” once “hunspell-en_us” had been installed.

Is this a bug?

1 Like

Beelink GT King Pro Manajaro-Arm-KDE-linux-aml-6.1.7-2 Unstable Branch, upgraded today to KDE Plasma 5.27.1 successfully except that plasma-desktop somehow was NOT upgraded and remained at plasma-desktop-5.27.0-1. Check Unstable mirror and plasma-desktop-5.27.1 is available (just like in Manjaro-Arm-Testing Branch), manually update using

sudo pacman -U https://mirror.easyname.at/manjaro/arm-unstable/extra/aarch64/plasma-desktop-5.27.1-1.1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst

Managed to install plasma-desktop-5.27.1-1.1 successfully with the above method.

1 Like

Beelink GT King Pro Manjaro-Arm-KDE-linux-aml-6.1.9-1 Unstable Branch, upgraded to KDE Plasma 5.27.4 successfully.

1 Like