[ARM Testing Update] 2023-04-14 - Kernels, Plasma, Frameworks, Thunderbird, Firefox

Possibly related to this report on the PINE64 forum (though that person is using unstable, not testing).

I found that sometimes kscreenlocker_greet got seg.fault,

/usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing

So, I mv -i /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet.exec

and create /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet as a shell script always return code 0.

#!/usr/bin/bash

/usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet.exec $1

exit 0

1 Like

Thank you for your solution, it looked promising, although it didn’t worked for me, instead of the message with “loginctl unlock-session c1”, I get a black screen. Here is the output when I execute /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing in another tty:

qt.qpa.wayland: qtvirtualkeyboard currently is not supported at client-side, use QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard at compositor-side.
wl_drm@22: error 0: authenticate failed
warning: queue 0xaaab05121bf0 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_display@1 still attached
warning: queue 0xaaab05121a70 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_display@1 still attached
qt.qpa.wayland: Failed to initialize EGL display 3001
The Wayland connection broke. Did the Wayland compositor die?

Am I missing something?

I managed to downgrade my system to stable, which works again.

I’m using Plasma on a Pinephone Pro. Things froze after the upgrade, but I was finally able to reboot it. However, I simply receive a message saying,

locker is broken and unlocking is not possible […] unlock it, switch to a virtual terminal (e.g.Ct […] in to your account and execute the command

loginctl unlock-session c1

out of the virtual session by pressing Ctrl+D, a […] back to the running session (Ctrl+Alt+F2). […] have forgotten the instructions, you can get […] screen by pressing CTRL+ALT+Fc1

Note, the message is truncated, in that it doesn’t fully fit the width of the Pinephone Pro screen. I’ve indicated where it’s cut off with the “[…]” notation.

I have no clue how to fix this.

[edit]

I tried with the keyboard, and I did get into the virtual session (Ctrl+Fn+Alt+F2). So, I’m able to run commands there. But, I’m not sure what to do. I did run the command (both with sudo and just with my regular user) “loginctl unlock-session c1”. I then tried rebooting, but no luck. I tried “Ctrl+D”, which threw me out of the virtual session. I then went back into the session, though not via Ctrl+Fn+Alt+F2, but rather by logging back in. I’m not sure what “Fc1” is referring to. I tried Ctrl+Alt+Fn+F1, which leads to the KDE symbol, but it’s simply frozen (I then returned to terminal F2). I tried rerunning the update command (sudo pacman -Syyu), but it simply read, “there is nothing to do” (I did get WiFi working with nmtui).

Hi @philm

GT King Pro Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-aml-6.1.19-1 Upgraded to Arm-Testing-2023-04-14 successfully but with the following warnings:

(27/67) upgrading graphviz                              [##############################] 100%
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gdk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gtk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gdk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gtk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
(28/67) upgrading gst-plugin-pipewire                   [##############################] 100%

Whenever the package “graphviz” is being upgraded these warnings always shows up.

Any suggestions how to rectify these warnings? Thanks.

Note, this update came with mobile-config-firefox 4.0.0-1 which fixes the firefox touch issue on my PinePhone Pro from 2023-01-03.

Same here.

Plasma-Mobile is currently broken. Partly also due to the Qt5 update. Also some packages of plamo are outdated with regular tarballs

2 Likes

Here to chew bubble gum and fix things…

Do we know what the status of KDE’s efforts are, and is there anything we can do to help?

Hi,

A plasma mobile section is present

1 Like

did not seen LXQT-1.3 for test?

Interesting. I do not see it in unstable but do see it in the arch-arm packages. Looks like it was built yesterday; Maybe wait for our mirrors to sync with theirs?

1.3.0 is now in the unstable branch.

1 Like

thanks, Alarm → unstable → testing → stable, make no sense?

Makes sense (in theory) that bugs get worked out by the time the programs get to our stable branch.

agree but, Arch/testing → Alarm → Manjaro/unstable → testing → stable, 2 weeks delayed.

Live on our unstable branch then if you are in a hurry for the latest. I stay on unstable but only because all of our packages we build are built on the unstable branch using it’s packages/libs.

Hi,

Just switched to arm testing branch and I noticed Musescore is opening but not showing transcriptions.
Anyone else having this issue also?