[ARM Testing Update] 2023-04-14 - Kernels, Plasma, Frameworks, Thunderbird, Firefox

Is there any fix or workaround found? I already tried downgrading to stable, which didn’t worked and just unlocking the session like mentioned above also doesn’t work.

Possibly related to this report on the PINE64 forum (though that person is using unstable, not testing).

I found that sometimes kscreenlocker_greet got seg.fault,

/usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing

So, I mv -i /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet.exec

and create /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet as a shell script always return code 0.

#!/usr/bin/bash

/usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet.exec $1

exit 0

1 Like

Thank you for your solution, it looked promising, although it didn’t worked for me, instead of the message with “loginctl unlock-session c1”, I get a black screen. Here is the output when I execute /usr/lib/kscreenlocker_greet --testing in another tty:

qt.qpa.wayland: qtvirtualkeyboard currently is not supported at client-side, use QT_IM_MODULE=qtvirtualkeyboard at compositor-side.
wl_drm@22: error 0: authenticate failed
warning: queue 0xaaab05121bf0 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_display@1 still attached
warning: queue 0xaaab05121a70 destroyed while proxies still attached:
  wl_display@1 still attached
qt.qpa.wayland: Failed to initialize EGL display 3001
The Wayland connection broke. Did the Wayland compositor die?

Am I missing something?

I managed to downgrade my system to stable, which works again.

I’m using Plasma on a Pinephone Pro. Things froze after the upgrade, but I was finally able to reboot it. However, I simply receive a message saying,

locker is broken and unlocking is not possible […] unlock it, switch to a virtual terminal (e.g.Ct […] in to your account and execute the command

loginctl unlock-session c1

out of the virtual session by pressing Ctrl+D, a […] back to the running session (Ctrl+Alt+F2). […] have forgotten the instructions, you can get […] screen by pressing CTRL+ALT+Fc1

Note, the message is truncated, in that it doesn’t fully fit the width of the Pinephone Pro screen. I’ve indicated where it’s cut off with the “[…]” notation.

I have no clue how to fix this.

[edit]

I tried with the keyboard, and I did get into the virtual session (Ctrl+Fn+Alt+F2). So, I’m able to run commands there. But, I’m not sure what to do. I did run the command (both with sudo and just with my regular user) “loginctl unlock-session c1”. I then tried rebooting, but no luck. I tried “Ctrl+D”, which threw me out of the virtual session. I then went back into the session, though not via Ctrl+Fn+Alt+F2, but rather by logging back in. I’m not sure what “Fc1” is referring to. I tried Ctrl+Alt+Fn+F1, which leads to the KDE symbol, but it’s simply frozen (I then returned to terminal F2). I tried rerunning the update command (sudo pacman -Syyu), but it simply read, “there is nothing to do” (I did get WiFi working with nmtui).

Hi @philm

GT King Pro Manjaro-Arm-Gnome-linux-aml-6.1.19-1 Upgraded to Arm-Testing-2023-04-14 successfully but with the following warnings:

(27/67) upgrading graphviz                              [##############################] 100%
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gdk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gtk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gdk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
Warning: Could not load "/usr/lib/graphviz/libgvplugin_gtk.so.6" - It was found, so perhaps one of its dependents was not.  Try ldd.
(28/67) upgrading gst-plugin-pipewire                   [##############################] 100%

Whenever the package “graphviz” is being upgraded these warnings always shows up.

Any suggestions how to rectify these warnings? Thanks.

Note, this update came with mobile-config-firefox 4.0.0-1 which fixes the firefox touch issue on my PinePhone Pro from 2023-01-03.

Same here.

Plasma-Mobile is currently broken. Partly also due to the Qt5 update. Also some packages of plamo are outdated with regular tarballs

2 Likes

Here to chew bubble gum and fix things…

Do we know what the status of KDE’s efforts are, and is there anything we can do to help?

Hi,

A plasma mobile section is present

1 Like

did not seen LXQT-1.3 for test?

Interesting. I do not see it in unstable but do see it in the arch-arm packages. Looks like it was built yesterday; Maybe wait for our mirrors to sync with theirs?

1.3.0 is now in the unstable branch.

1 Like

thanks, Alarm → unstable → testing → stable, make no sense?

Makes sense (in theory) that bugs get worked out by the time the programs get to our stable branch.

agree but, Arch/testing → Alarm → Manjaro/unstable → testing → stable, 2 weeks delayed.

Live on our unstable branch then if you are in a hurry for the latest. I stay on unstable but only because all of our packages we build are built on the unstable branch using it’s packages/libs.

Hi,

Just switched to arm testing branch and I noticed Musescore is opening but not showing transcriptions.
Anyone else having this issue also?