[ARM Testing Update] 2022-01-07 - Python 3.10, Plasma, KDE Applications, Boost and kernels

Downgrade xorg-xwayland to 21.1.2.

sudo pacman -Syuu xorg-xwayland

Thanks Strit, so it is still a thing. I will do the downgrade.

@Strit can you do a git-bisect on xorg-xwayland so we find the issue and report it upstream?

It already is reported upstream.

Xwayland: XWayland windows are completely transparent on Wayland sessions on ARM64 (#1264) Ā· Issues Ā· xorg / xserver (claims itā€™s a mesa issue)

Mesa: Redraw freeze after upgrade to Xwayland 21.1.3 (#5758) Ā· Issues Ā· Mesa / mesa Ā· GitLab (no solution yet)

Kodi (the normal kodi-package not kodi-rpi) does not start up anymore here (manjaro-xfce, odroid-n2). There seems to be a dependency to python 3.9 shared library which does not exist anymore because of the update to python 3.10.

[peter@Odroid-oben ~]$ kodi
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi-x11: error while loading shared libraries: libpython3.9.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Should be fixed in unstable branch and coming to a testing mirror near you soonā„¢.

1 Like

I just switched to testing from stable; Iā€™m still seeing a core dump with ModeManager 1.18.4 that I reported here: [ARM Stable Update] 2021-12-13 - Firefox, KDE Gear, Thunderbird, LibreOffice, ICU and Kernels - #12 by thwright. Downgrading to 1.18.2 resolves the issue.

Iā€™m also seeing what I reported here:

Let me know if I can provide more info.