[ARM Testing Update] 2021-06-13 - Plasma 5.22, Boost 1.76, PlaMo Gear 21.06, Pacman 6 and kernels

You need to update your password before you reboot. Run passwd to do so

in case anyone misses it,

Also had a different permissions on sudoers

Aside from that. All went well thanks very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

pacman 6 is ready ?
I Can’t test it on the Odroid C4 for the moment, I hope tomorrow

Yes. :wink:

All good on the PBP. Cheers!

yay too old.

Just updated it to 10.2.3, so that should work now.

32 posts were split to a new topic: Odroid C2 no longer booting

Selected error messages for RPi4:

$ journalctl -b | grep -i error

Jun 14 08:57:45 manjaro alsactl[439]: alsa-lib main.c:1402:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:0 use case configuration -2
Jun 14 08:57:45 manjaro alsactl[439]: alsa-lib main.c:1402:(snd_use_case_mgr_open) error: failed to import hw:1 use case configuration -2
Jun 14 08:58:35 manjaro systemd-xdg-autostart-generator[653]: Not generating service for XDG autostart app-Autorun.desktop@autostart.service, error parsing Exec= line: Permission denied
Jun 14 08:58:37 manjaro systemd-xdg-autostart-generator[788]: Not generating service for XDG autostart app-Autorun.desktop@autostart.service, error parsing Exec= line: Permission denied
Jun 14 08:58:44 manjaro kwin_x11[820]: kwin_core: XCB error: 10 (BadAccess), sequence: 1164, resource id: 892, major code: 142 (Composite), minor code: 2 (RedirectSubwindows)
Jun 14 08:58:48 manjaro xembedsniproxy[858]: qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 450, resource id: 35651587, major code: 12 (ConfigureWindow), minor code: 0
Jun 14 08:58:52 manjaro kernel: v3d fec00000.v3d: MMU error from client L2T (0) at 0x114c1000, pte invalid
Jun 14 08:59:04 manjaro kactivitymanagerd[861]: org.kde.kactivities.resources: QSqlError("11", "Unable to fetch row", "database disk image is malformed")
Jun 14 08:59:06 manjaro kactivitymanagerd[861]: org.kde.kactivities.resources: QSqlError("11", "Unable to fetch row", "database disk image is malformed")

But is something not working? :slight_smile:

Firefox 89 no longer can do hardware acceleration on the RPi4, so video playback has issues. Disabling Webrender fixes the color issue but it drags the system down. I have not yet investigated the other issues, so their effect is currently unknown but no major breakage noticed. Do you see anything in the errors that is concerning? The systemd-xdg-autostart-generator might be something. The rest I assume to be Plasma issues and to be mostly noise.

Edit: Watching top, it appears pulseaudio is running at more than 6% CPU… that is a new development. I have sound muted at the moment, and nothing I am aware of is accessing sound.

Edit 2: strace seems to indicate pulseaudio is looping:

read(4, 0xffffd6c70628, 10)             = -1 EAGAIN (Resource temporarily unavailable)
ppoll([{fd=4, events=POLLIN}, {fd=45, events=POLLIN}, {fd=49, events=POLLIN}, {fd=42, events=POLLIN}, {fd=46, events=POLLIN}, {fd=39, events=POLLIN}, {fd=43, events=POLLIN}, {fd=36, events=POLLIN}, {fd=40, events=POLLIN}, {fd=22, events=POLLIN}, {fd=37, events=POLLIN}, {fd=9, events=POLLIN}, {fd=28, events=POLLIN}, {fd=34, events=POLLIN}, {fd=33, events=POLLIN}, {fd=31, events=POLLIN}, {fd=30, events=POLLIN}, {fd=3, events=POLLIN}, {fd=29, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}, {fd=16, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}, {fd=16, events=0}, {fd=23, events=POLLIN}, {fd=26, events=POLLIN}, {fd=17, events=POLLIN}, {fd=20, events=POLLIN}, {fd=15, events=POLLIN|POLLERR|POLLHUP}, {fd=15, events=0}, {fd=14, events=POLLIN}, {fd=13, events=POLLIN}, {fd=7, events=POLLIN}], 30, NULL, NULL, 8

Edit 3: Killing pulseaudio and allowing it to restart, seems to resolve the looping issue. On 3rd reboot after the update, the pulseaudio issue seems to have resolved itself.

Edit 4: The systemd-xdg-autostart-generator errors are related to ~/.config/autostart/Autorun.desktop.desktop. The permissions on this generated file is set to 600, I believe it should be 644. But since it is generated, the fix must be applied then. On next reboot, that file is moved to ~/.config/old-autostart-scripts/Autorun.desktop.desktop which then generates the second “error parsing Exec= line: Permission denied”.

Edit 5: The alsactl errors are getting some notice.

Edit 6: The remaining errors I assume are noise.

None of the errors seem related to what you describing.

For future reference, do you prefer to only see issues about broken apps and such? Not errors in general?

Error after pacman update. Can be trigerred by reinstalling sudo for example.

:: Exécution des crochets de post-transaction…
(1/3) Reloading system manager configuration...
(2/3) Creating temporary files..
Assertion 'fd' failed at src/tmpfiles/tmpfiles.c:843, function fd_set_perms(). Aborting.
/usr/share/libalpm/scripts/systemd-hook : ligne 28 :  6665 Abandon                 (core dumped)/usr/bin/systemd-tmpfiles --create
erreur : la commande n’a pas pu être exécutée correctement
Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.1  
Linux 5.12.9-1-MANJARO-ARM  
Plasma 5.22.0

Just noticed I have 100% battery charge on my pinephone.
Is this expected?

Yeah, seems to be a recent change in the kernel.

1 Like

That’s good news. Glad that got that tuned in.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Odroid C2 no longer booting