Hello ARM community,
this stable update for our ARM architecture of Manjaro Linux took a little longer as expected.
We had some staff changes in our Manjaro ARM team. Some have already noticed that Dan left the team and the company. Therefore we have also to see when the next install medias for ARM SBCs and devices will been created. Dan did a lot for the ARM branch of Manjaro, including endless testing of boards and devices. Before releasing any image for an ARM device it needs to been tested on the device itself. You can find untested development builds at github.
Therefore I’ll act as the interim release manager until we found the right staff member for this job.
Manjaro, like many other open-source projects, relies on the generosity of its community through donations and corporate sponsorships to support its growth and development. These donations are essential in covering the various expenses incurred in the operations of the project such as server costs, software development tools, infrastructure expenses, training, flying people to events or conferences and the salaries of key developers. With the help of these donations, Manjaro is able to secure the necessary financial stability that allows the project to continuously improve and remain active. If you love Manjaro, consider to donate!
With this update we have added a lot of new stuff. Beside kernel updates you may find some to Apple Silicon and Station M3.
- Some Kernels got updated. Inlcuding RPI4
- We pushed the latest changes Asahi Linux did for Apple Silicon to our repos.
- installer is still an internal project and might be open for the public at some point
- With Pamac 10.5.0 we introduce offline updates.
- Pamac 11.0-rc1 got added to test our GTK4 port further. Install it via pamac-gtk-dev
- Plasma got updated to 5.27.4 and KDE Frameworks is at 5.105.0
- Firefox is now at 112.0.1 and Thunderbird at 102.10.0
- LibreOffice got renewed to 7.4.6
- phosh and phoc got updated to 0.26 series
- systemd is now at 253.3
- LibreOffice got renewed to 7.5.2
- Qemu is now at 7.2.1
- Blender is now at 3.5.0
- Xorg-Server got a security update
- LxQt is at 1.3.0
- Pipewire is at 0.3.69
- The usual KDE-git updates
- Many python packages got updated
End Of Life kernels (will be removed from repo soon):
linux60(EOL on 2023-01-12) (removed from repository)
Error about missing openssl 1.1 library
Since the update to the new OpenSSL 3.0, some applications might still be looking for version 1.1 og openssl.
Fortunately Arch Linux created a compatability package for such events called
So if you encounter any such errors, please install the above mentioned package.
Applications currently known to specifically look for 1.1 is
silver. We have not been able to rebuild it yet. So if you are on our Gnome or Sway editions, please install
openssl-1.1 as part of this update.
How to get Waydroid working
If you follow these steps, you should have Waydroid working fine.
Remember, Waydroid only works on wayland!
waydroid-imageand all it’s dependencies.
- You should now be able to launch Waydroid. The first launch takes a while.
How to use Kodi RPI on Manjaro ARM
If anyone wants to test kodi on the rpi, install these packages:
sudo pacman -S kodi-rpi kodi-rpi-dev kodi-rpi-eventclients kodi-rpi-tools-texturepacker libcec-rpi linux-rpi4 xf86-video-fbdev
This means the kodi.service file need to replace whatever login manager you have installled. In my case I would:
sudo systemctl disable lightdm.service
sudo systemctl enable kodi.service
They recommend removing custom configs in config.txt. We ran into an issue if a value was set with gpu_mem=.
My config.txt with a bit of overclocking:
over_voltage=5 arm_freq=2000 #gpu_mem=64 #disable this initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel kernel=kernel8.img arm_64bit=1 disable_overscan=1 #enable sound dtparam=audio=on hdmi_drive=2 #enable vc4 dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d,cma-512 #max_framebuffers=2 #disable cause kodi uses more disable_fw_kms_setup=1
The default user will be kodi
kodi home directory will be /var/lib/kodi
So put test video in /var/lib/kodi/Videos so you can get to it
after setting up the video directory in kodi.
The PHP package has been updated to 8.2. If you still need 8.1, use
Arch Linux - News: PHP 8.2 update and introduction of legacy branch
If you used the Manjaro ARM Installer or is using PinePhone or PineTab, you need to redo your passwords, because of an update to
Arch Linux - News: Sorting out old password hashes
ghostxps requires manual intervention (if you have these installed):
Arch Linux - News: ghostpcl>=9.53.2-2 and ghostxps>=9.53.2-2 updates require manual intervention
nss package requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: nss>=3.51.1-1 and lib32-nss>=3.51.1-1 updates require manual intervention
firewalld requires manual intervention:
Arch Linux - News: hplip 3.20.3-2 update requires manual intervention
Arch Linux - News: firewalld>=0.8.1-2 update requires manual intervention
- arm-stable community aarch64: 1649 new and 1665 removed package(s)
- arm-stable core aarch64: 112 new and 112 removed package(s)
- arm-stable extra aarch64: 1211 new and 1202 removed package(s)
- arm-stable kde-unstable aarch64: 408 new and 408 removed package(s)
See the full package list here
We are in need of testers for our arm-testing and arm-unstable branches.
So if you are adventurous and want newer software quicker, we would love for you to help us test out the new packages in arm-testing branch.
All you have to do to switch to this branch is:
- Run this command to switch branch:
sudo pacman-mirrors -aS testing && sudo pacman -Syyu. This will generate a new mirrorlist for you, sync your databases with the new mirror and update your system using the arm-testing branch.
We would then love for you to give feedback in our update posts in Testing Updates. That way we can better find and fix bugs, before they hit arm-stable branch. Thank you!
- No issue, everything went smoothly
- Yes there was an issue. I was able to resolve it myself. (Please post your solution)
- Yes i am currently experiencing an issue due to the update. (Please post about it)
Check if your mirror has already synced: