[ARM Stable Update] 2022-09-11 - Plasma 5.25.5, KDE Gear 22.08, Thunderbird 102, Firefox 104 and Kernels

Has anyone found a fix or workaround for the mkvtoolnix-cli dependency bug that broke with this update? I use the program regularly and I need to find a solution. I can’t even figure out where the arm64 packages are maintained online. According to the howto on the mkvtoolnix website, compiling it myself appears likely to be challenging.

I’ll reply to my own question. Downgrading brought it back:

sudo pacman -R mkvtoolnix-gui
sudo pacman -R mkvtoolnix-cli

sudo pacman -U fmt-8.1.1-2-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U mkvtoolnix-gui-69.0.0-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz
sudo pacman -U mkvtoolnix-cli-69.0.0-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.xz

Then I changed /etc/pacman.conf by uncommenting IgnorePkg and adding the list of packages that must be held back (hopefully package name/syntactically correct):

# Pacman won't upgrade packages listed in IgnorePkg and members of IgnoreGroup
IgnorePkg   = libfmt.so mkvtoolnix-gui mkvtoolnix-cli
#IgnoreGroup =

I don’t know if holding back the library will break other stuff, but mkvmerge is likely to be more important to me, regardless.

1 Like

MKVtoolnix update i have the same error and i use this app often. Could you please move this error a bit? It’s always enough to make a simple fix in the dependencies and fix the build. It’s not that much work!

It’s not a package we maintain. Have you tried using the one from Unstable/Testing branch?
There’s a rebuild present there.

I set the mirrors to unstable, updated the system. Installed mkvtoolnix-gui and everything seems fine at the moment. Thank you for the tip.

1 Like