[ARM Stable Update] 2021-03-20 - Firefox, Thunderbird, KDE Frameworks and Kernels

I am in the same position. I was hoping this update would address this issue. To date neither of us have received a reply to any of our comments or have been addressed in any way, be it negatively, positively or otherwise. It looks like we are being ignored. Somewhat troubling. Just a simple recognition of the problem would be nice.

Again, here is the output from sudo journalctl -f when I press the power button:

Mar 21 18:05:39 manjaro-arm systemd-logind[3681]: Power key pressed.
Mar 21 18:05:40 manjaro-arm phoc[3750]: [backend/drm/drm.c:971] Skipping pageflip on output 'DSI-1'
Mar 21 18:05:40 manjaro-arm gsd-color[4088]: unable to get EDID for xrandr-DSI-1: unable to get EDID for output
1 Like

Updated without issue. Manjaro-Arm-XFCE on GT King Pro.

Same problem I had previously on the Testing channel. Boots into the KDE animation, the animation stops, and I get a mouse cursor that does nothing. I can get into TTY, but I haven’t had to time to sit with it and figure out where to go from here.

Sorry, should have added that this is the Pinephone.

2 Likes

Hi,
I can watch movies with VLC and SMplayer (with mpv), but I’m not using the current kernel, because the driver for my WiFi dongle doesn’t work with the 5.11 kernels and I don’t have time for driver hopping.

I’m not able to upgrade for some reason. I’m getting the following when i run sudo pacman -Syu:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
error: could not open file /var/lib/pacman/local/qt5-webengine-5.15.2-5/desc: No such file or directory
resolving dependencies...
looking for conflicting packages...
warning: could not fully load metadata for package qt5-webengine-5.15.2-5
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted package)

Can’t update via Pamac either. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this?

Try sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/qt5-webengine-5.15.2-5/desc and try updating again.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, My Odroid devices (C2, N2 and C4) are wireless, but a wifi usb dongle is working with the 5.11 kernel.
You are lucky with the movies :-)

No effect. I get no return from sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/qt5-webengine-5.15.2-5/desc. Is there anything else that it could be?

What about when you run the update now?

What that command did, was just create an empty file there.

1 Like

Wait! I got it! I ran sudo touch /var/lib/pacman/local/qt5-webengine-5.15.2-5/**files** instead, and now it’s upgrading. Thank you!

Update went fine. It’s just that Anbox stopped working.
But I think Anbox is still too experimental (but I do hope it will improve).

Hello,

I’m using swaywm on pinebook 1080p. Since few updates ago, the battery indicator on waybar stopped working. I’ve found issue on waybar git, which leads me to a manjaro forum post for pinebook pro, which suggest a driver update for it’s battery (cw2015-battery). Now I’m asking, if the waybar battery indicator issue is fixed on pinebook pro using the battery patch, and if yes, if it is possible to make similiar fix for the axp20x-battery?

PS: Is it ok, to ask here, or a separate thread is better?

I still have the issue on my Pinebook Pro… battery indicator in waybar is not reliable… in one of the previous sway dev images I have had the battery monitor that comes with the PinePhone installed and hooked up to the battery waybar item, but the app wasn’t that useful on a laptop…

…I have had a short test with battop (GitHub - svartalf/rust-battop: Interactive batteries viewer), which worked fine but is still no replacement for the waybar status item…

Some suggested to create a custom script for displaying the battery status, but I’m also not a big fan of those (esp. if a functionality is provided by the tool and I wouldn’t have to maintain a bunch of shell scripts for the sway image)…

Hi,

Plasma firewall installed on the Odroid N2

Since this update on my Pinebook Pro I have troubles logging into my account after boot.
What happens: I boot and enter my login name+password. Then, when I want to run any application eg Terminal or Browser, it kicks me out of the session and I am back at the login screen. After several attempts, usually between 3 and 10, I am able to stay logged in.
I don’t know how to research this issue, but it is really annoying.
I am using sway.

Using Sway on a daily basis on my Pinebook Pro I did notice some instabilities from the recent kernel / mesa updates, but not as critical as described by you. Usually processes got stuck on my end and I can kill them from a terminal and restart them in the same Sway session…

…can you give some more inputs on ManjaroARM Sway, kernel and mesa version installed at your end?

Kind regards,
Andreas

Yep. I am running Kernel 5.11.6-1-MANJARO-ARM, sway version 1.5.1 and
mesa-git 21.1.0_devel.136424.8283ed65cfd-1
Haha I don’t know if it is supposed to be this mesa version, but I am quite sure I never changed anything on my mesa installation.

Mesa-git as the name implies is the unstable version of Mesa… would you mind to install the stable Mesa instead…?!?

Alright, thanks for your reply.
I installed mesa 20.3.4-3 now and rebooted. But unfortunately this didn’t change my problem, it still persists.
I think we need to do more investigations. Is there maybe a logfile that I can check?