[ARM Stable Update] 2020-11-08 - Manjaro ARM Tools, OBS Studio, Kodi and Kernels

I added a wayland session to the Plasma edition as a test (but not in any images), to see how well it works.

I have not tested it on the Raspberry Pi or the Pine64/Pinebook yet. But I have tested it on the rk3399 boards, Pinebook Pro, Odroid N2 and Odroid C4. Most of them work okay with wayland.

@Strit

Just received a new toy - pine phone - flashing the emmc is that as simple as

cat sdcard > emmc

You should use either DD from an image file, or the Manjaro ARM Flasher.

the flasher gives me errors with qt library.

Hm. Try installing python-es2-pyqt5 instead of regular python-pyqt5.

will do - when the sdcard flashing is done :slight_smile:

I installed OBS on my Pinephone and it canā€™t launch cause it canā€™t find the GPU. Same with Chromium. Is there a solution for that?

Lima driver probably does not support OpenGL 3.

1 Like

If you want to test something to see if it will boot properly try this if pacman created a /etc/sddm.conf.d/sddm.conf.pacsave file.

sudo cp /etc/sddm.conf.d/sddm.conf /etc/sddm.conf.d/sddm.conf-orig
sudo cp /etc/sddm.conf.d/sddm.conf.pacsave /etc/sddm.conf.d/sddm.conf

Then reboot

Unfortunately there is no sddm.conf.pacsave available. Only:

kde_settings.conf
sddm.conf

Is there an easy way to disable wayland session?
I would be really happy if my RPi4 works well again :slight_smile:

Yes. Just uninstall it:
sudo pacman -Rsn plasma-wayland-session

But I donā€™t get how you got it in the first place. Itā€™s not present on any released images, it was only added to the profile as a test, so you would have had to install your Manjaro ARM system with the Manjaro ARM Installer, or have installed the wayland session manually.

Months ago I set up the image 20.06. and yesterday I started the stable update via the graphical software manager as usual. After that the described problems occurred.

Thank you, I will try to uninstall it.

Edit:
Ok, I get the error: plasma-wayland-session isnā€™t installed.
But now I am again clueless at the beginning and donā€™t know where the problem can be.

When I try to run OBS on the Pinebook Pro, I get a segmentation fault when attempting to initialize OpenGL.

Working for me. Perhaps try PAN_MESA_DEBUG=gl3 obs?

@Strit @Darksky
I hope Iā€™m not annoying, but is someone working on the Raspberry Pi 4 problem?
I only did the stable update and before that everything was fine.

We donā€™t exactly know what the problem is, since none of us have that issue.

Still seg faulting, unfortunately.But thank you.

Edit: On that note, so is Blender. I couldnā€™t get it to work before as a result of not having OpenGL 3.x support; but now it just seg-faults.

Edit2: I tried reinstalling Mesa etc but still nothing. Unless thereā€™s other solutions, I suppose I might have to try a fresh reinstallation of Manjaro. OBS on this would be quite handy for screen capturing from other devices.

Does it matter which one I choose here? Iā€™m on a Pinebook Pro with Manjaro Sway edition.

:: There are 3 providers available for xdg-desktop-portal-impl:
:: Repository extra
   1) xdg-desktop-portal-gtk  2) xdg-desktop-portal-kde
:: Repository community
   3) xdg-desktop-portal-wlr

Iā€™m guessing wlr is wlroots so Iā€™d guess 3. Also, I have a 1/3 chance of being right.

I think I MIGHT be on to something now. What version of qt5 do you have installed? (e.g. search for qt5-base in the Add/Remove Software GUI package manager)