[ARM Stable Update] 2020-10-12 Firefox, LibreOffice, Gnome, Mesa and Kernels

If you have Uboot on either SPI, eMMC or SD, you can boot from USB.

Hi.

To mention something that works now very nicely for a change.
If you use KDE on Pinebook Pro then the virtual desktop switching animation as Cube is now super smooth.
I tried this before a while ago and it was ok, but Wayfire was way better.
Now the Cube animation is really good.

If you are curios and have Pinebook Pro KDE then in the settings select:

Workspace Behavior -> Desktop Effects -> Virtual Desktop Switching Animation -> Desktop Cube Animation

You also need to add additional virtual desktops

1 Like

Maybe, this is the other side effect of a crosstalk between serial and audio line mentioned in http://students.engr.scu.edu/~sschaeck/misc/pinebookpro.html, the fragment:

Selectable by a hardware switch, the audio jack can be either used for audio or serial console. A Manjaro developer pointed out a third hardware bug namely crosstalk between the audio and serial line, e.g. when cranking up audio to distortion characters are sent to the console(…)

Maybe on some older Pinebook Pros serial console with kernel messages is causing weird sounds. It would make sense. Mine Pinebook Pro is making similar sounds as you’ve described and it is from very late 2019 (I would have received mine around the end of the 2019, but postponed it to the end of the New Year). The author of this review received his PBP in November 2019. I got used to it. You can try to disable this (ttyS2, I guess) serial console (if it’s not disabled as default) and check if there is any difference.