[ARM Stable Update] 2020-08-25 - LibreOffice, GCC, Pamac, KDE Applications and Kernels

Keyboard shortcuts not working
Example when i want to create new keyboard shortcut to open terminal by win+ T

This has been an issue for a while in KDE Plasma. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks! Ill report if anything new is amiss.

Had to downgrade my syncthing install from 1.8.0-1 to 1.7.0-1; here was the error:

panic: qtls.ClientSessionState not compatible with tls.ClientSessionState

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go/internal/handshake.init.2()
github.com/lucas-clemente/quic-go@v0.17.3/internal/handshake/unsafe.go:26 +0x1d0

According to syncthing.community/t/syncthing-broken-by-go-1-15-quic/15467 there is an incompatibility with go 1.15. Will see what happens with the next round of updates.

Ah, so it’s the Go update that did it.

Hi,

Odroid c2 (20.04) and n2 (20.06) are up to date, it is working.

Unfortunately the up date don’t pass on the odroid n2 Manjaro ARM 19.08 ( I installed the updates since 2019) more details here.

Everything working fine here after update on a Raspberry Pi 4B (4GB). Thanks for all the hard work.

I saw updates to the EEPROM tools, but it looks like no new changes to the Critical branch since April. My understanding is that MSD Boot has not yet come to the Critical branch, but that it seems to be firming up well in Stable.

After updating earlier today, I can no longer log in to my account. My credentials are denied as invalid, even though I know that they are not. I’ve verified that the username and password are being input correctly. My credentials just being treated as invalid.

This is on a Pinebook Pro that has been kept fairly current, and it’s the stable branch.

I’m using fscrypt on my /home filesystem, and decrypting on login via pam, which complicates things, and may also be a factor here.

Normally I would just ssh in via my ssh key and have a look around, but in this case, since my /home is encrypted, so is my .ssh directory.

Worst case, I can just restore an image backup I took a few weeks ago, but I thought I’d post here just in case there’s a way to avoid that.

PBP+Gnome - everything works. Is someone working on getting VPU’s to work on Manjaro Arm for Pinebook Pro with mpv/vlc? If yes, I’d be glad to know how’s it going and if there’s something that can be done to help.

Support in kernel is there. What is needed is patched libva and patched ffmpeg, as far as I know.
But the patches have not been settled on I think.

Do you have links to the patches somewhere handy?
Is it the ffmpeg-v4l2-request-git and libva-v4l2-request-git from AUR, possibly? I don’t mind tinkering a bit if I don’t need to modify the kernel - I’ve thought it’s still required to patch the kernel.

I don’t know what patches are needed, sorry.
Kwiboo on the Armbian side seems to have been working on it.

1 Like

You should check the discussion here: pinebook pro tools. Maybe the scripts in this repo will help: GitHub - xmixahlx/pbp-tools: pinebook pro tools: tools for system management, hardware acceleration, and wayland environment for the pinebook pro.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ve tried aforementioned AUR packages and mpv is able to launch “drm-copy” hardware decoding, whatever that means. I’ve made some short tests with htop and The Lion King in 1080p with the ctrl-H shortcut to turn hwdec on and off. It seems like without hwdec the cores 5 and 6(the big ones?) stay at ~75%, while with hwdec on they’re on ~50%. Sooo…it seems it works? I’d have to take a look at battery consumption, but I won’t do it anytime soon.

1 Like

Ah…disregard. I just saw this in the known issues. The fix described there took care of it.

I basically just had to boot from an SD card, go into /etc/pam.d on my PBpro and merge “login-system.pacnew” into “login-system” there (I used vimdiff for this).

After making this change, all is well.

@Strit I updated Manjaro and after I get this error when I rebooted device LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO not found and after I released about your second post

So if you are updating installs made with images 20.02.1 or older, you need to apply this fix before rebooting!
To fix this please edit your /boot/extlinux/extlinux.conf file and add 2 periods in front of each first slash, like so:

KERNEL ../Image
FDT ../dtbs/ #etc.
APPEND initrd=../initramfs-linux.img #etc.

I cannot see that file and any content of boot folder (ROOT) and BOOT folder has a different content if I read the sd from my PC
Is there somehow to recover my system without reinstall the OS again?

You did not state what device you are using. If it is a RPi you can copy /boot/cmdline.txt.pacsave to cmdline.txt but it would be better instead to rename the ROOT partition to ROOT_MNJRO and will never have to deal with it again with future kernel upgrades.

The newer partitions have changed names from BOOT / ROOT to BOOT_MNJRO / ROOT_MNJRO in the later images. Re-name only the ROOT partion as it will be defined in /boot/cmdline.txt. The BOOT should be ok as it should be defined in /etc/fstab. Yours should say this right now:

[ray@pi4 ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
# Static information about the filesystems.
# See fstab(5) for details.

# <file system> <dir> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
LABEL=BOOT  /boot   vfat    defaults        0       0

@Darksky thanks for you reply, yes I use Raspberry PI4, I cannot see the file /boot/cmdline.txt.pacsave and the content of cmdline.txt is

root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO rw rootwait console=ttyAMA0,115200 console=tty1 selinux=0 plymouth.enable=0 smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N dwc_otg.lpm_enable=0 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200 elevator=noop usbhid.mousepoll=8 snd-bcm2835.enable_compat_alsa=0

Either rename root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO to root=LABEL=ROOT or rename your ROOT partition to ROOT_MNJRO. The later would be best. All future kernels will replace the cmdline.txt after each upgrade to root=LABEL=ROOT_MNJRO so you will have to remember to modify it each time.

1 Like

I’m trying to rename the label with e2label but I get this error:

e2label: Filesystem has unsupported read-only feature(s) while trying to open /dev/mmcblk0p2
Could not find a valid superblock for the filesystem