Are there GUI tools to manage BTRFS?

There is no Storage support section, so I hope this is the right place to post this.

I am thinking about a clean install of Manjaro, and if I am embarking on that then it makes sense to consider a move to BTRFS… I need to learn it, and why not now?

But I am not a guru, and while I use the CLI for stuff that it makes sense to do so, it’s nice to have GUIs. Also, I am trying to get some customers to consider Linux as a desktop environment, so it would be great to be able to say, “it supports this cool filesystem that solves a lot of management hassles for you, and it has decent graphical tools to make it easier for your Windows people to make the transition”

Any ideas? Are there GUI BTRFS tools for KDE or Gnome that can make BTRFS more accessible?

I know that KDE partition manager supports creating BTRFS, but what about clones, snapshots, etc? I know there is a Webmin plugin, so that sorts the Server side, but what about desktop tools?

There is buttermanager from the AUR. It’s a GUI. :arrow_down:

pamac build buttermanager
1 Like

Also you may find some infos in the wiki:

https://wiki.manjaro.org/index.php/Btrfs

The GUI BTRFS tool btrfs-assistant using snapper is from AUR, it works fine for me.