Arduino IDE lauching problem

Hello everyone!

My problem started after last successful opening Arduino IDE. New session was start and crushed after few seconds when cursor rolled with words “packages initialization”. I tried to reinstall Arduino IDE (with deleting orphans) and Java (same). That’s not work. But I tried to launch IDE from terminal with this results:
https: //ibb. co/1Q1MsjV (please remove spaces, forum not allows me to paste screen or link to any photo hostings)
As you can see, I can launch IDE, but only via terminal with root permissions. I didn’t install or remove any packages since last success launch and before IDE failed first time. Even didn’t exit active user session (shutdown, reboot, change user…etc.)
Besides, terminal launch option is not solution because I can’t even open Library manager, IDE freezes after pushing any interface button!
Unfortunately, I can’t understand the point of terminal warning messages at the screenshot. Please help me to solve this problem.

If you can’t (or don’t want) open link, terminal messages below:

╭─*****@pinebook ~ 
╰─$ arduino     
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: 
Set log4j store directory /home/*****/.arduino15

(java:24089): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:25:57.846: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:68:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-x is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(java:24089): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:25:57.846: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:69:35: The style property GtkButton:child-displacement-y is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(java:24089): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:25:57.846: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:71:36: The style property GtkCheckMenuItem:indicator-size is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version

(java:24089): Gtk-WARNING **: 22:25:57.846: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:76:30: The style property GtkExpander:expander-size is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version
java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: ttps
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:618)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:508)
        at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:457)
        at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionsIndexer.get3rdPartyIndexFiles(ContributionsIndexer.java:150)
        at cc.arduino.contributions.packages.ContributionsIndexer.parseIndex(ContributionsIndexer.java:113)
        at processing.app.BaseNoGui.initPackages(BaseNoGui.java:483)
        at processing.app.Base.<init>(Base.java:278)
        at processing.app.Base.main(Base.java:150)
╭─*****@pinebook ~ 
╰─$ sudo arduino                                                                                                                                                                                                                      255 ↵
[sudo] пароль для *****: 
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: 
Set log4j store directory /root/.arduino15

P.S. In “unknown protocol: ttps” missed “h” before “ttps” as is.

Any ideas?

Does your SSL work otherwise. Like when using Firefox or curl?

No, absolutely nothing was change before fail.

So your SSL does not work. I would look into if your date/time is correct then.

I think if it is so, my rpd connection to any PC is impossible, but I’m able to coonect right now. And why sudo option is working?

Absolutely correct

Solution is:

“I think it’s one of the 3rd party Boards Manager URLs you have configured. Please review the contents of the Arduino IDE’s Additional Boards Manager URLs field in the Arduino IDE’s File > Preferences dialog.”
One of URLs has missed letter ‘h’ in ‘https’. In case of incorrect board rep URL, IDE can’t launch.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.