Arch vs Manjaro guidelines for creating a kernel package with a patched kernel

Hi,

while trying to help bringing up sound support in linux for an ultraportable for which ALSA does not yet work, I need testing kernel patches. Because I do not want to disrupt anything else, I am trying to find out how to make kernel packages that can be installed and uninstalled cleanly and that — apart from the sound patches — are as aligned as possible with the distro provided kernels.

Because I am new to the manjaro/arch environments, I am trying to learn how things should be done. I have run into two guides:

Because I am encountering slight discrepancies, I believe that it can be worth asking. I have also noticed that @philm in another thread was kindly inviting to do so, hence I hope in some understanding!

1. The Arch guide talks about the provides array and mandates that linux and linux-headers should be removed from the provides arrays of the kernel and kernel-headers packages. I see no mention of it in the Manjaro document. How should I deal with that?
  2. I understand that the linux and linux-headers “provides” are related to the ABI and that without those my kernel will be unable to use any module provided by any other Manjaro package. Is that all? Is there anything else I should be worried about?
  3. In the Manjaro thread I see that I need to give the kernel a new name to make sure it can be installed alongside the standard ones. There is mention about the need to replace every instance of -MANJARO with a name of your choice, this in every file, not only in PKGBUILD! But in the 512 kernel I got from the Manjaro gitlab, I do not see instances of -MANJARO outside PKGBUILD. Am I missing something?
  4. In the PKGBUILD I found for the standard 512 kernel, I find more hashes than sources (the hash for the last patch is not the last hash). Is there a reason for that?

Thanks in advance for the attention and help!