Appearances Settings slow to open in Manjaro KDE

I do not know if this a bug or not, but the Appearances section in System Settings in Manjaro KDE is very slow to open (after clicking the section it ‘buffers’ for a few moments, then completely loads). Other sections are ok, and after fully loading, the Appearances section is also ok.
Is there any solution to this?

Yeah, me too, takes about 2 seconds to load. Probably just Plasma’s problem.

But I tried EndeavourOS today, it does not buffer there :thinking:

Usually this is tied to having a weird theme, or old plasma cache.
Mine seems to load instantly, or less than 1sec anyways.
If it isnt themes, I suppose you can look here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/KDE#Configuration_related

Using default Breath 2 2021; Cleared cache, but no result.
And I created the a VM, same buffering here.

Btw, my KDE plasma version is 5.22.5 [stable]
and yours should be 5.23.2. Is that somehow related?

in my case it’s not horrible,but it does take like 2 seconds to open(spinning wheel is visible) and it’s not as smooth as when choosing other system settings.

I meant existing in the directory. If you have themes lying around they could be contributing - for example the settings manager is trying to parse info that the theme does not provide, or does so in a deprecated manner.

I didn’t even install any single theme :sweat_smile:.

Exactly the same situation.

i don’t really mind it,it’s not a big deal.i went there a few times to set my themes and that’s it.so i won’t bother to try and fix it and risk braking other stuff in the process.

It’s not a big deal, but it would be great if this would be fixed in future releases (since it’s not a universal KDE bug, I think).

1 Like

Thanks for a report, I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Ok, it looks it’s because of our themes’ previews are too big. Will be fixed with the next Breath2 theme update (that should be soon)

2 Likes

twas ‘weird themes’ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.