Error Resolution Multi Monitor - NVIDIA PRIME

Hello Guys

Yesterday i install Manjaro and a install optimus manager because my laptot have 2 graphics card. RTX 3060 and AMD GPU. But i cant change resolution for laptot screen . When i tried i got this window and is very wierd. The default resolutio for laptot screen is 2560 x 1440. But i wnat change too 1920 x 1080. If i start nvidia-settings tells me that is manged but PRIME Display and i cant do anything.

Someone know how to fix it ?

inxi -G

Graphics:
  Device-1: NVIDIA GA106M [GeForce RTX 3060 Mobile / Max-Q] driver: nvidia
    v: 535.54.03
  Device-2: AMD Rembrandt [Radeon 680M] driver: amdgpu v: kernel
  Device-3: IMC Networks USB2.0 HD UVC WebCam driver: uvcvideo type: USB
  Device-4: Realtek USB Camera driver: uvcvideo type: USB
  Display: x11 server: X.org v: 1.21.1.8 with: Xwayland v: 23.1.2 driver: X:
    loaded: modesetting,nvidia dri: radeonsi gpu: amdgpu,nvidia,nvidia-nvswitch
    resolution: 1: 3440x1440~85Hz 2: 2560x1440~165Hz
  API: OpenGL v: 4.6 Mesa 23.0.4 renderer: AMD Radeon Graphics (rembrandt
    LLVM 15.0.7 DRM 3.49 6.1.38-1-MANJARO)

post the output of

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE

wayland ? then you’ll have to switch to x11 due to the reason that your-nvidia doesn’t work with wayland.
next is

glxinfo | grep server

post the output for ongoing

@Olli

Here is the output

echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
x11

glxinfo | grep server

server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:

okay you’re on x11. keep in mind that wayland isn’t working with nvidia.
next is to switch to your nvidia-gpu. your actual setting is the igpu so called “sgi”. please post the output of

systemctl status optimus-manager

btw.: what gui are you using? plasma,gnome,xfce… ?

@Olli

Here the status of optimus-manager. I am using Gnome

● optimus-manager.service - Optimus Manager Commands Daemon
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/optimus-manager.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2023-07-12 09:13:04 -03; 1h 6min ago
    Process: 755 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.hooks.pre_daemon_start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 791 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.hooks.pre_xorg_start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 828 (python3)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 47304)
     Memory: 19.1M
        CPU: 149ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/optimus-manager.service
             └─828 /usr/bin/python3 -u -m optimus_manager.daemon

jul 12 09:14:06 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: [62651] INFO: Writing requested GPU mode nvidia
jul 12 09:14:06 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: [62651] INFO: Writing state {'type': 'pending_pre_xorg_start', 'requested_mode': 'nvidia', 'current_mode': 'integrated'}
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: [102944] INFO: Received command : {
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]:     "args": {
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]:         "mode": "hybrid"
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]:     },
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]:     "type": "switch"
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: }
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: [102945] INFO: Writing requested GPU mode hybrid
jul 12 09:14:47 colmanetti-asus python3[828]: [102945] INFO: Writing state {'type': 'pending_pre_xorg_start', 'requested_mode': 'hybrid', 'current_mode': 'nvidia'}

okay, please read the following in the link below that is addressed to gnome-users and do the required steps carefully

If you use Gnome or the Gnome Display Manager (GDM), there are a couple extra requirements to be able to use optimus-manager :

The default gdm package from the Archlinux and Manjaro repositories is not compatible with optimus-manager, so you must replace it with this patched version : gdm-prime (also replaces libgdm). The patch was written by Canonical for Ubuntu and simply adds two script entry points specifically for Prime switching. The package is otherwise identical to the official one.

Gnome launches Wayland sessions by default, which are incompatible with optimus-manager. To force Xorg sessions, You need to edit the file /etc/gdm/custom.conf and remove the # before the line #WaylandEnable=false.

@Olli

I install the optimus manager and is working.

please recheck with

glxinfo | grep server

and post the output

server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:

okay, your fine now

Even i am all fine. I can change resolution for the second monitor. I think is something related to the xrand and the position. But i dont how to fix.

check your system-settings. there should be the panel-setting where you can choose if the displays are merged to one or separated and separated to which position.
they are merged to one display actually.

edit: i can see at the left side the panel setting. there are the settings included, you’ll have to check out what you want.

The seem to be merged because of print screen. Here is my display settings.

i’m on kde but it should be similar. the first picture. use the mouse, place it on display 2, left click and move it a little bit. changes ?

No changes. What version of NVIDIA driver you are using ?

the actual, same than yours. it’s not a question of the driver. you’ll have to check how to set up the displays in gnome. while i’m on kde i wouldn’t be a help for this. but there are so many tutorials for example at youtube.

@Olli
Just more one question, do you have laptop with 2 graphics card ?

i owe an acer with an intel-igpu and an nvidia