Antergos PGP Signature Pacman

Hi. I'm posting here since the Antergos forums have shut down. I tried to fully upgrade my system yesterday but encountered this error

signature from "Antergos Build Server (Automated Package Build System) <admin
@antergos.org>" is unknown trust
File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/X is corrupted (invalid or c
orrupted package (PGP signature)).

Note: X is a placeholder

The issue was pamac having a dependancy issue due to the outdated antergos repos so i uninstalled pamac but i was stopped yet again with the same error, this time with yay. I proceeded to uninstall yay and the system upgraded, however, i was then unable to update nor install anything from the AUR using yaourt due to the same signature error.

I have tried refreshing the keys and reinstalling the keyrings as written in the wikis but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

Antergos project is shutdown - you know that.

You need to convert your system to Arch or Arch based.

1 Like

As @linux-aarhus pointed out Antergos is shut down. However, you can also switch to the follow up project Endeavour from some of the former Antergos community members:

I think the Endeavour OS members can probably help you best with your system.

However, if you want to switch to Manjaro this is more complicated. If you really want to make this experiment You'll find some general pointers here, have also a look at the first linked thread/ the topics refering to that post (Grey links at the bottom of the post with the chain symbol):

1 Like

Remove any antergos repos.

Uninstall the packages installed from there, do a a full update of the system, with sudo pacman - Syu

Install yay manually by following the instructions from its github page

and then find the equivalents in arch repos or AUR of your uninstalled packages and install them. Use your newly installed yay for aur packages.

Yaourt is no longer maintained.

Yes. It seems like i have some backing up to do.
The apparent hassle and uncertainty down the road is not worth it.

Forum kindly sponsored by