[sudo] Passwort für laza: 
:: Synchronisiere Paketdatenbanken...
 core ist aktuell
 extra ist aktuell
 community ist aktuell
 multilib ist aktuell
Warnung: xorg-server-1.19.1-1 ist aktuell -- Reinstalliere
Löse Abhängigkeiten auf...
Suche nach in Konflikt stehenden Paketen...

Paket (1)          Alte Version  Neue Version  Netto-Veränderung

extra/xorg-server  1.19.1-1      1.19.1-1               0,00 MiB

Gesamtgröße der installierten Pakete:  3,47 MiB
Größendifferenz der Aktualisierung:  0,00 MiB

:: Installation fortsetzen? [J/n] 

So it is installed - the output is wrong!

did you do a reboot or a X restart after updating xorg?

I cannot for sure say… - i only reboot when a kernel version arrives.

So i will now and report in some minutes…

Okay, that did the trick:

$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X/360]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.19.1 drivers: amdgpu (unloaded: modesetting) Resolution: 2560x1440@59.95hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE (DRM 3.8.0 / 4.9.2-1-MANJARO, LLVM 3.9.1)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 13.0.3
$ lspci -nnk | grep -i 'vga' -A3
02:00.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Bonaire XTX [Radeon R7 260X/360] [1002:6658]
	Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device [1043:045a]
	Kernel driver in use: amdgpu
	Kernel modules: radeon, amdgpu

Sometimes it is just this easy… thanks @BS86

[Stable Update] 2017-01-17 - Python, Xorg, Ruby, Gcc, Inkscape

https://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Steam-Runtime-Better-Stable
Good news :+1:

yep, because now the next tree could be merged :wink:

I’m also very happy that valve finally makes it possible to use the free drivers and also supports radeonsi/amdgpu/radv actively in development.

In a bunch of updates, something new came in :stuck_out_tongue:

Graphics: Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Fiji [Radeon R9 FURY / NANO Series]
Display Server: X.Org 1.19.1 driver: amdgpu Resolution: 2560x1440@143.86hz
GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD FIJI (DRM 3.8.0 / 4.9.5-1-vd, LLVM 5.0.0)
GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 17.1.0-devel (git-de0b0a3a9c)

and some new driver support will be added to 4.10
https://phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=AMDGPU-Radeon-4.10-5-Fixes
although I am not sure why they would release another GCN 1st Gen card

How did you get Mesa 17.1?

from icarlier mesa-git repository, its listed in here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/unofficial_user_repositories

I am using it because of a bug with Hz >60 which is fixed in Mesa 17.x, I will switch to the manjaro-provided mesa as soon as 17 is released.

Ooooohhhh, NOW i remember - they changed their version numbering and “17” is now the year!

At first sight is was scared, why i’m about 4 major versions behind…

yes, former mesa 13.1 is now 17.0 :wink:

It is the SAME version?!?

What id10t had this idea…?

they simply decided to change the version numbers after 13.0
13.1 was and is not released yet, it is simply a renaming.

Prior the version number change, new major numbers are made by mesa reaching a new OpenGL level. Since Mesa now is at OpenGL 4.5 and there will never be a higher number, Mesa was forced to change the versioning system or stay forever at 13.x. So they do the better thing and do a year.release.bugfix system now. Much better then before and I wish linux would do that too…

I read this some days/weeks ago but had it not actual in my mind when i was looking on his specs.

But thanks for the explanation to both of you, for other it is/might be helpful.

I have new pc (is come from my company) and it has nvdia :frowning:
I tried some video acceleration settings and it cause some issues. I hope Manjaro have new developer like you for nvidia devices. I really appreciated for my AMD-Radeon cards.
This is not for question just for thanks @Tids

Its hard to do things for NVidia. They mostly dont follow Linux Standards, dont work with the Linux Ecosystem and are so hard to maintain in a “stable” way.

It first i wanted to include Nvidia to the package but it’s just to strange (Just like it was with AMD Catalyst). :frowning: TBH … As a NVidia user i would mostly prefer debian stable or something else that dont changes something for years…

Tomorrow, the Fury X will leave my system. It actually is my third Fury X, the first two had a broken FAN already when I got them, now the FAN is making some unnatural noise again -.- I am still in the 2 years of warranty, but I don’t want to get another one - as it is already the third replacement, the reseller offers a time value repayment (which is about half the price I paid 1,75 years ago when the card was released ^^)

Will mount a RX 480 into my system and check how that one behaves. If it does not suit my needs at all, I will go for a simple Fury (Nitro+ or Strix) or use the 480 until Vega is released. But according to some benchmarks, the Linux-performance of a Fury and a 480 is about the same, so I don’t think that I will feel so much difference (except for some more silence due to the Zero-FAN designs)

I already have someone that wants to buy the RX 480 in case I make a rash Vega - buying (the Fury X was a seen-and-must-have decision)

It seems like the RX480 is striken by some bugs (or the Fury X was :stuck_out_tongue: ) …
Dota 2 Vulkan: 30fps (less than the Fury X: about 40-50)
Dota 2 OpenGL: 50 - 70fps (a bit more compared to the Fury X: 40-60)
Stellaris: Heavily depending on the screen that is displayed, but about the same performance like the Fury X, the RX480 perhaps a bit faster
WoW: 25-65fps heavily depending on the scenery (was 13-50fps on the Fury X in the same scenery)

I only have a cheap 4GB RX480 (Asus Dual-RX480-O4G) for the moment, will get an MSI RX480 GamingX 8GB as soon as Amazon has them in stock again. The Asus was the only one available for delivery today.
Don’t know whats wrong here, but I hope for some MORE POWER with the MSI ^^

Updated to mesa 17.0.0 today (unstable branch) and I have openGL 4.5. :grinning:

└──╼ glxinfo | grep "OpenGL core profile version"
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.0.0