AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and Radeon RX 5700 XT support

It is on the testing branch. Look for 18.1.0-rc4 on osdn. Links are in the update announcement of testing.

Okay that's what I thought. This is ending up on a system I will actually be doing work on, so I want to stick to stable for it. Hence why I originally was wondering when that version will hit stable.

End of this week the packages will be moved also to our stable branch.

Me too. :thinking:

I got my new build with Ryzen 3700X and RX5700XT last week and tried to install Manjaro as my working environment. But, since the hardware is not supported now... I am considering to switch to Ubuntu 18.04 until Manjaro catching up...

Lesson learned...and THE HARD WAY......i have my main machine with a Ryzen 2600x (no issues there) but i upgraded from Vega 64 to 5700 XT, and of course my manjaro wont boot...I wonder if ill be able to once the drivers are supported CL into my installation delete the old ones and update to the new ones....

what branch are you using?
have you tested this yet with the 5.3rc kernel?

Hey Dgit ..branch as in the Card brand??? ...Sapphire reference ( it's really the AMD one)...or branch as in Manjaro Flavor???? ....Gnome over here...Ill probably go in in CL and upgrade my kernel...to try it even though ill rather wait for stable/testing status ...i know 5.3 Rc is very fresh out.

as in which manjaro repo branch, (stable, testing, unstable). ?

CL ?

i've been using the testing branch for a while and find it every bit as stable. im using the 5.3rc right now. for the latest hardware (RX 5700XT), the latest kernel would be your best bet.

both of those GPU's would use the same driver, so unless you have a custom xorg configuration for the Vega64 in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ that specifies the wrong hardware busid or model name then you can likely just update to the latest kernel and power down and swap the cards out, then choose the 5.3 kernel from grub when you power it back on. just a thought.

you can have multiple kernels installed, if the 5.3rc kernel does not work for you, all you have to do is select a different one from grub.

The RX 5700XT support isn't until Mesa 19.3 iirc, we're on Mesa 19.1

Ubuntu has support only due to a special package that AMD made for them

1 Like

oh, didnt know that. guess it's wait a bit for a later mesa version. :man_shrugging:

wow is it proprietary package?

Appreciate immensely dgit....I will start with the Kenel and report back....thank you, this is why we are who we are Linux users....we stand by each other.....

i guess it's too early.
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Navi-Target-Linux-5.3-Mesa-19.2

so with mesa 19.2 there will be coverage

If waiting for Mesa 19.3 it is..so be it....i rather that than messing around with my installation ( lots of important work related stuff in there)....

Seems like it

https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-series/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt

Wow, that's a lot of .deb files in that tar.

Kind of sucks. Ubuntu, pfft!

1 Like

is this the same one and it's in the AUR?
mesa-git 19.2.0_devel.112785.a110a8090d6-1

the other packages that go with it are there also

I'm actually a doofus (Big surprise eh?) so I don't get the version numbering. So I just took screenshots.

maybe someone tries it? i would but i dont have the hardware.

I would love to but I don't have the hardware either. I'm waiting for the AIB cards. Screw that reference blower. :nauseated_face:

Forum kindly sponsored by Bytemark