Amd gpu driver isnt working

Yes, all should benefit of the dGPU capabilities in full … Give them a try and let us know where you get stuck.

1 Like

thanks it works

sorry but i figured out that it doesnt work with vulkan

Not sure, but do you have amdvlk and lib32-amdvlk packages installed?

i have amdvlk but not lib-amdvlk

Some apps might need the lib32-amdvlk package, but i can’t actually confirm as i’m with an Nvidia GPU.

1 Like

still no

sooo anything

okay so are you there

Is there anything else i can assist you with?

after i installed amdvlk
it still doesnt work

Can you provide an example of an application, opened from terminal - what is the issue you are having with it, or what errors do you get, what are you expecting it to do and it doesn’t?

i tried basemark gpu with
DRI_PRIME=1 /usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=start-basemarkgpu com.basemark.BasemarkGPU

And what was the next thing you got from it? Are you sure that the basemark includes or reads the correct ICD loaders?

well i tried rpcs3 with
DRI_PRIME=1 /home/tech-man/Applications/rpcs3-v0.0.17-12665-4e139ee0_linux64_5481d4c53687b88436e187973e3330d5.AppImage

but the same result

Ok, sorry but i will not continue this chatty way to try to extract from you every information.
You provided two commands you run, but not the output, nor the result of whatever test that was supposed to do.
Your AMD GPU driver works as expected and seen above.
Install vulkan-tools from extra repository and run vulkaninfo from terminal. You will get all the information you want about it.

but the output is too big so i cant view it all

can i send vulkaninfo | less instead

No, honestly there is no need to post the output of it. Is for you to see is working. If was not working there would be a short error.