Alter this theme a little bit? (change highlight color)

I found a glass theme that I love but I would like to change one aspect of it. When you highlight something in the kde launch menu, the color is this nasty blue perriwinkle color. The same thing goes for when you highlight a desktop icon. Is there a way to change this? Or am I out of luck and need to find a different theme? Thanks!

Go to: ~/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/Glass-plasma/
Edit the colors file and replace all the instances of the 61,174,233 with a color you can change here:

Once you find the one you like, look for the RGB Decimal expression of it and copy that and do the replacement.

Also if you remove the entire file, the colors will be taken from the color-scheme you set in Settings (if is well made theme).

1 Like

Thanks! That was a big help. However, this does raise another question for me. What exactly is #3daee9 ? Why is it called that, and what’s it’s significance?

Changed it to 130, 203, 241 just as a test. Doesn’t look like you get a whole lot of color options. At least, they don’t list many. Maybe there’s some way you can have any color you want, as long as you know the numbers. As well as changing the opacity.

EDIT

Did that, and changed it to those numbers, but on restart, nothing has changed. I did make sure to save the changes to the file, and I went back and made sure that I changed everywhere those numbers appeared to the new sequence.

#3daee9 is a color (light blue) in the hexadecimal notation. Hexadecimals are used in some configs but other might use RGB decimal. The site https://www.colorhexa.com lets you convert colors to other notations.

#ffffff is the hexadecimal for the color white and 255, 255, 255 is RGB decimal for white, 0,0,0,0 is CYMK and so on. See White / #ffffff hex color (#fff)

Go to 256 Colors - Cheat Sheet - Xterm, HEX, RGB, HSL and you see a bunch of colors, pick the one you like and use RGB to edit your config.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. Any idea why changing the numbers didn’t have any effect?

Maybe they take effect after a reboot, if you already tried that I don’t know why.

Is it totally safe to just delete that file? Or move it to somewhere else? I’d like to try your idea of getting rid of it, so I can see if it just defaults to the manjaro colors. But I don’t want it to cause some kind of glitch.

I never said that. :man_shrugging:

Are you talking about the color config file you found here ?
~/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/Glass-plasma/

Do me a favour and look if there is a glass-plasma theme listed in /usr/share/themes

Yes I was referring to the config file found at ~/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme/Glass-plasma/

I checked in the folder you asked me to, and there is no glass-plasma theme listed there.