Firefox doesn't use NVIDIA card at all

Hello,

I’ve tried many solutions to run Firefox using my Nvidia card. I’m currently using Optimus Manager and it only works when I use the Nvidia mode but when I try the Hybrid mode, every other program can use the GPU if it needs to except Firefox.

I’ve tried the prime-run firefox command but it makes no difference, I’ve changed many about:config options but none of them works. I can work with the Nvidia mode in Optimus but I would really like to know why is not possible to use the Hybrid mode and use Firefox.

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M/PCIe/SSE2 with the 4.6.0 NVIDIA 470.63.01 driver.

prime-run firefox should be enough. You can verify if FF use Nvidia card on about:support page.

1 Like

In Firefox settings untick the Use Recommended Performance Settings, and tick the Use Hardware Acceleration If Possible box. See if it works.

:expressionless: I don’t know how or why but I tried again and switched to Hybrid mode in Optimus and added prime-run to the application command and is working now. I also have the Use Hardware Acceleration If Possible option enabled. Maybe my PC was messing around a little.