MHWD not offering new kernels/drivers

Hi,

MHWD (either via the CLI or GUI) on my install has stopped updating the list of available kernels and GPU drivers (I have an Nvidia GPU). The latest kernels being offered, for instance, are 5.7 and some RC version of 5.8.

Is there some way to clear it’s cache or force it to refresh the list?

Hello,

Since when you didn’t perform the system update?
That is required to have a working system. Also reading the announcement is helpful

To make sure things are fine on your end, run this command from terminal:
sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu
Once is done, reboot and install a newer kernel.

If you have an old Nvidia GPU, then it might not have the drivers anymore, as was running on the legacy ones. To know that please share some infor about your system as described here:

The system should be fully up to date, I do that regularly. Output of sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syyu I ran just now;

::INFO Downloading mirrors from snipped-link
::INFO Using custom mirror file
::INFO Querying mirrors - This may take some time
0.405 Australia : :snipped-link
::INFO Writing mirror list
::Australia : :snipped-link
::INFO Mirror list generated and saved to: /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
:: Synchronizing package databases…
core 171.4 KiB 3.16 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################################################################################################################] 100%
extra 2007.3 KiB 10.9 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################################################################################################################] 100%
community 6.1 MiB 11.0 MiB/s 00:01 [#################################################################################################################################################] 100%
multilib 195.2 KiB 13.6 MiB/s 00:00 [#################################################################################################################################################] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade…
warning: lib32-gamemode: local (1.5.1-2) is newer than multilib (1.5.1-1)
there is nothing to do

My GPU is a 1080ti, I’m currently on the 440 drivers, the newer ones (450) definitely still have support.

Ah, OK I’ve managed to resolve the issue. I found some mentions that this had happened to people whose mirror lists were broken. Rebuilt mine and hey presto, plenty of updates. I don’t recall ever changing my mirror list, so I’m not sure how it broke, but oh well.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.