After using my login credentials manjaro doesn't boot to desktop

Hi, I currently face an issue I don’t know how to solve, I run manjaro, I use my login I press enter and then my pc is freeze on msi logo and I can’t do anything.

I tried going to my live usb and log in to the chroot, I updated mirros and system, reinstalled nvidia drivers but my system still doesn’t boot to desktop.
Thank you for everyone that will help me.

Can you get to TTY or boot to runlevel 3 ?

In whatever case we will probably need some info.

Hello, no I cant get tty.

When I am doing control alt f2 it freeze to msi logo

This is very annoying I tried everything on google, not a single person having this problem

What about booting to runlevel 3?

I mean … if you can chroot … then thats something … and you can work from there.

Well "desktop doesnt load’ is a very generic problem. Im sure 10000 people have had it … but I’m not sure that even the majority of them were the same scenario as you.

Please utilize some of the guides to take some first steps … such as finding the logs from the failed boots … providing your system information … and so on.

“why it no work … it dont work … help … why” isnt much to work with.

Booting to run level 3 is showing “running early hook (polymouth)” and it freezes

Like how am I able to get logs if I dont even have a terminal

Like by following some of the links posted.

So you have plymouth and its failing near there?
Thats a good morsel.

Try disabling or removing plymouth.

Thanks but right now its blocked at “Mounting /boot/efi”

Failing to mount something …
I suppose check your UUIDs against the ones in /etc/fstab.

Sorry can you tell me how can I do that please

If you are chrooted into or otherwise accessing the system in question then you can;

Print the partitions and their UUID’s:

lsblk -f

Print your current fstab:

cat /etc/fstab

If they dont match … edit fstab:

sudo nano /etc/fstab

I will leave here an example of a working fstab … remember that you must find and use your own paths, values, ids.

example fstab
# /dev/sda5
UUID=d2b4d247-7922-4279-458d-f00741e1ff16       /               ext4            rw,noatime,commit=60    0 1

# /dev/sda1
UUID=CEGE-DCA1          /boot/efi       vfat            rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro       0 2

/swapfile               none            swap            defaults,pri=-2 0 0

this is what I have:

lsblk -f
|-sda1                           61.9M    36% /boot/efi
`-sda5                          859.6G     1% /


cat /etc/fstab
# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
# Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a device; this may
# be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices that works even if
# disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
# <file system>             <mount point>  <type>  <options>  <dump>  <pass>
UUID=26AE-9D8E                            /boot/efi      vfat    umask=0077 0 2
UUID=004d878e-6c45-4920-81ba-8b71b0207bdf /              ext4    defaults,noatime 0 1
tmpfs                                     /tmp           tmpfs   defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0

Did you get all of it ?.. because theres no UUIDs there.

This is what I have

I copy pasted what it printed me

Well its missing a lot of the info, it should look something like this…

├─sda1 vfat   FAT32 SYSTEM  CEGE-DCA1                              66.8M    30% /boot/efi
├─sda3 ntfs         Windows EC74FF8B75FF5414                                    
├─sda4 ntfs         WinRE   C47EFF7D7EFF7688                                    
└─sda5 ext4   1.0           d2b4d247-7922-4279-458d-f00741e1ff16   21.2G    76% /

Maybe you can use some other tool…


Had this problem too, with a clean installation of Manjaro. It boots fine immediately after installation - but fails utterly as described here on subsequent reboots. I tried re-installing fresh several times, even using the minimal ISO for a change, but the result is the same. (Not sure why the website is totally silent on versioning, but for reference the downloaded ISO I used has 22.1.3 in its name.)

Thanks to cscs - disabling (and removing) plymouth according to the instructions seems to solved it.

I nearly abandoned trying out Manjaro because of this. Would have been a pity because it seems like the most polished KDE experience I’ve had so far, with an installer that’s miles ahead of the others making both encryption and hibernation painless.

1 Like