After the latest update on my Pinebook Pro my internet won’t work

Hi! After the latest update on my Pinebook Pro my internet won’t work. Wi-Fi does not work, and Thetering over USB with my phone also won’t work. I try downloading (with other computer) and installing the linux-6.2.5-1-aarch64.pkg and linux-lts-6.1.18-1-aarch64.pkg with no results.

For some reason when I run uname -a I get that I’m running the kernel 6.1.12-1.

Any way I debug it or fix it? Thank you

That fixed the Wi-Fi connectivity issue on the PineBook Pro. Remove linux-lts and reboot.

I unistalled linux-lts and rebooted and the error still appears. I don’t know how did the coputer booted because /boot is empty.

I tried to install linux-6.2.5.1 but it didn’t worked:

$ sudo pamac install linux-6.2.5-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst
Preparing...
Error: Failed to prepare transaction: invalid or corrupted database

The same if I try with pacman:

sudo pacman -U linux-6.2.5-1-aarch64.pkg.tar.zst
error: GPGME error: No data
error: database 'core' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'extra' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'community' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
loading packages...
error: failed to prepare transaction (invalid or corrupted database)

You said you already had it installed. Obviously you do if you removed linux-lts and were still able to reboot. :wink:

linux is the package name, 6.2.5-1 is the version. If you actually were going to install it (Hint: it’s installed by default), you would use these commands.

pamac install linux

Or:

sudo pacman -S linux

I still have no internet (Using an SD card and a secod computer to copy and paste the error messages here).

Running those two commands also didn’t worked:

$ sudo pamac install linux
Error: target not found: linux

$ sudo pacman -S linux
error: database 'core' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'extra' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
error: database 'community' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Your databases are corrupted. Please see:

You can use your phone with USB tethering for a temporary internet connection if you cannot connect via ethernet.

USB tethering is also not working…