After Plasma 5.23.3 update I'm disappointed with development focus and unfixed regressions

BTW in 5.24 they added it, but even when being set up as I want it to be, upon the next login desktops are swapped again – primary one becomes secondary and vice versa, so I again have to open System Settings and select a primary one. Hope they know that and will fix it before releasing 5.24.

I also experience none bug whatsoever, that you describe.

But, your symptoms seem rather familiar. Maybe you could try running an extensive memtest? Also, you should check your disks with SMART tools. Though rather uncommon these days: Crashing problems, hanging processes, slowdowns and sudden system crashes - that all might be related to Hardware Issues on your part.

1 Like

Yea, I didn’t think about spacing much. I’ll edit it.

How about checking https://bugs.kde.org/ and reporting it if it’s not there yet, instead of hoping? That way the devs can at least be made aware of the issue and have a chance at fixing it.

All of them are already reported, tons of them. Some are 5 years old or even more than that!
When I was saying “I hope” I meant that there’s hope now as they started to pay attention to multi-screen cases. That also means that Plasma’s Wayland session core functions are quite ready, because multi-screen support has never been a priority to Plasma devs (unfortunately for folks like me but true), and they have begun fixing less crucial (from their POV) things.

But in case you’re wondering here’s my 50 cents:
https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=416475

1 Like

On the contrariety of many here, I’m siding with @winnie

My experience is each upgrade (of KDE) is one step ahead and two steps back.

The regressions and feature-removals frustrate.

It feels like the KDE devs don’t test their software before each release.

KDE devs are currently occupied with Valve SteamDeck development, PinePhonePro and other projects. Also the LTT challenge is currently looked into. I’m sure 5.24 series can bring some new features and polish to KDE Plasma. Also the future focus will be on Mainstream users and not Linux enthusiasts: What desktop Linux needs to succeed in the mainstream – Adventures in Linux and KDE

3 Likes

I am waiting for KDE 5.24 to support Wayland with multi monitors.