After Manjaro Update to Manjaro 21.1.0 (Gnome) Dash-to-Dock settings are no longer accessible and desktop-context-menu is in English

Hi, I have a German version of Manjaro which I installed from a freshly downloaded ISO just yesterday. After installing, the Add/Remove Software app immediately told me that updates are available. I installed them and now, if I open the Gnome-extensions app (with the puzzle-piece-icon) and click the gear next to Dash-to-Dock, it says that something went wrong and I cannot access the settings. It gives me the technical details as follows:

Error: GSettings key preview-size-scale not found in schema org.gnome.shell.extensions.dash-to-dock

Stack trace:
  _checkKey@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:563:23
  createCheckedMethod/<@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:515:30
  _bindSettings@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:545:81
  _init@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:219:14
  buildPrefsWidget@/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dash-to-dock@micxgx.gmail.com/prefs.js:1013:20
  _init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:209:40
  OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
  asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:115:22
  run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
  main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
  run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:19
  start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:190:8
  @/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

Unfortunately, I do not understand this yet. Still have to learn a lot about Linux I guess.

Also, something that is not that critical but somehow strange is that all my system is still in German except the context menu on right-clicking the desktop, which now is in English. Not the biggest problem, yet strange. It was German before the updates. I updated all the packages that the Add/Remove Software app offered me to update, my system is now up to date.

How should I proceed?

ist ganz netter Einstieg.
Ganz selten hilft auch die Tastenkombination: “alt” + “F2 + r” die den Desktop neu startet.
(in wayland geht das nicht).
Hier: guck mal, ob im Pamac das DtD installiert ist (Version 69+14+g302c693-6)

• die Version über “extensions.gnome.org” installiert funktioniert z.Z. nicht so toll mit Gnome40.
    Es darf nur einen geben, nicht beide - die “extensions.gnome.org” Version wird
    vom System vorgezogen wegen local user (jeder user kann seine Version haben…).
    HINTweis: es jibbed ein Deutsches Forum…

@GaVenga Bitte nur Deutsch brauchen in die #languages:deutsch Kategorie.
German is only allowed in the #languages:deutsch category.

@Ramco999
:+1: Welcome to Manjaro! :+1:

1. In the future, when providing code/output, please copy-paste that output in-between 3 backticks ``` at the beginning and end of the code/text so that the output looks like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.
    Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.
    Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.
    Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

instead of like this:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.`

(as that makes everyone’s lives much easier)

2. No need to do anything right now as I’m a moderator here on this site and have fixed it for you already. However, in the future I might not see your post so review my edits by pushing the orange pencil above the post I just fixed. :wink:

:bowing_man:

1 Like

:100:

Reason:
Dies ist der erste Beitrag von Ramco999

Correct is: There is a German Forum :innocent: