After I click "start using manjaro linux", nothing happens, it just stuck

I don’t use Gnome, this is my first time installing it and maybe i am an idiot and I need to click something. but I didn’t find anything valuable on the internet.
Is this normal?
I am using Manjaro Gnome 20.2.1

1 Like

No replies?
Can anyone at least tell me is this normal or not?

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:

A forum is not a chatroom so you sometimes have to wait a while for an answer.
Where are you clicking “start using Manjaro linux”?

1 Like

When you first boot Manjaro 20.2.x that is the ending message, but nothing happens after I click it.4617881

1 Like

After clicking that things should happen. If not, reboot.

1 Like

I did exactly that, but no success.

1 Like

I suggest a reinstall then. Something is off. Check the checksum of the iso before installing.

1 Like

I reinstalled it lots of times already, still no success.
also, KDE and XFCE both of them are working normally.
Here is a thing though, I checked displays and there is unknown display(VGA-0), which kinda caused me problems before by not showing things that should have otherwise.

1 Like

Okay, how much effort are you willing to spend on this? Steps to fix this:

1. Bypass root login from grub by pressing e and appending single to kernel parameters
  2. Create password for root with passwd
  3. Create a normal user with useradd -m -U -G wheel audio input kvm lp storage users network power autologin -s /usr/bin/zsh <your_username>
  4. give your user a password with passwd <your_username>
  5. Reboot
  6. Profit

When there is an existing user, the gnome-initial-setup will not run and you can just vhoose your user from gdm. Your language and keyboard is going to be the default en_US, but you can change those later.

1 Like

Hi, I’m having this issue as well, and it told me single was not a valid parameter.

1 Like

Hi, I have the same exact problem and I just tried this and can’t make it work. I did 3 fresh install and it’s just not solving the problem. It just keep popping the setup windows after reboot and all is just not working, cant use gnome terminal or log in any tty with default users or the one I create

1 Like

You can use instead the parameter init=/bin/bash

2 Likes

Unfortunately I can’t use my keyboard after booting with this init=/bin/bash parameter. Is there an other way?

Boot iso, chroot to installation and create a user account from command line?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.