After crash, skips GRUB and boots straight to Windows

I recently installed the latest stable version of Manjaro Gnome on the same drive as my Windows 10 installation. I was dual booting without any problems. I have a UEFI system.

I walked away from my computer while logged into a user account overnight – it stayed on the desktop. Upon my return, I found that the user was locked out, and when I tried to log back in through the Manjaro user selection screen, the machine froze up. I used the hard-reset button to reboot, and was greeted with a UEFI shell screen.

Not knowing what to do in the console, I pressed the hard-reset button again. This time, the machine booted straight into Windows and did not display GRUB. I rebooted multiple times, and each times it did the same thing and never showed GRUB.

At this point, I’m not even sure where to begin troubleshooting this. I logged into my BIOS/UEFI setup to look at the boot order, and it is defaulting to “Windows Boot Loader”… no other options are given for this drive. I looked over the partitions, and everything is looking the same as how it was before. Any help would be useful.

See here

Also pay attention to the variant links in that comment.

1 Like

I think this [Simple First Start] here will suffice.
Don’t forget to do the 2 [UEFI - additional commands].

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.