Advice of how to proceed with my current dual booting set up

(I have bad spelling at time sorry. Also I don’t 100% know how to tag this post so apologies if I did this wrong. I’m also not sure how to title this.)
My set up:
john@Swift

Host: MS-7B17 1.0
Kernel: 5.13.19-2-MANJARO
Uptime: 15 mins
Packages: 1605 (pacman)
Shell: bash 5.1.8
Resolution: 1920x1080, 1920x1080
DE: Plasma 5.23.3
WM: KWin
Theme: Breath2 2021 Dark [Plasma], Breeze [GTK2/3]
Icons: [Plasma], breath2 [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
CPU: Intel i7-9700K (8) @ 4.900GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
Memory: 4642MiB / 15943MiB
Core issue:
Ok so I dual boot but as of late I haven’t been using my manjaro as much. Why? Well not because its bad but because I have a quest 2 and yea can’t make that work with linux (facebook I hate you). Now I want to use my linux more but I find that I often don’t want to take the time to constantly reboot my system (even if it takes secounds). I have been considering migrating my windows to a kvm So switching is just as simple as just turning the vm on and off but I’m not sure If i want to go through that rigmarole. Is there a better fix to my problem? Or do I just need to try unwindowsing myself again and just transfer a large amount of the games i have on windows to linux again and just only going windows for vr? Or is there some way I can run the software needed for my quest in a kvm then pass its inputs and calls to linux? (I doubt thats possible :confused: )

TLDR:
I dual boot. I recently got vr (quest) which has made me use windows more than linux. I want to try using linux more than windows. Any advise?

Just putting this here.
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Virtual_reality

Also:

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the arch article on VR is not helpfull because the vr headset in question is the quest 2 which has no linux compatibility whats so ever and as of currently there is no work around to get it working with linux.

On your second point I do know the rules I just wasn’t confident on the tags I had used and I wasn’t sure how to name the title in a way that got the point across without being a paragraph and not a title. Still its a helpful article none the less.

Since the hardware is not usable, what kind of advice would you like?

If you want to use linux more, buying hardware that has linux support would be the advice I would give.

As you touched on there are options to do a pass-through via a VM and there are some cool solutions out there, they do require some investment in time and sometimes specific hardware to pull it off. Do some research on the investment to see if you want to do this.

In the mean time moving over the things that do run on Linux can be moved over?

Well I got the quest as a gift so not much I can do there but I do agree on getting linux hardware. I am trying to work on something which is get a index which is linux compatible but also far far more expensive than a quest.

As for pass through, that is something I would invest into if i knew how to get the software to run in the windows vm but effect the linux desktop.

And as for the what kind of advice I’m looking for? I’m hoping to find someone who maybe is in a similar situation and knows how to handle it also to just see if things like doing a windows kvm with gpu pass-through would be a good idea and investment of time.

You could make a post detailing your hardware (see how to provide good info ) the choices you think you have with the setup and what you researched already and are unsure about.

p.s. you run kernel 5.13 witch is end of life, either run 5.15 or 5.10 (LTS) at this point.

scratches back of head yea… I need to update the kernel. I’ll get on that XD. Although if I’m being true I don’t fully understand everything going on there. Like i understand kernels that have long term support but the kernels with “runtime” I have no idea what that means. I’m going to move to 5.15 though.

As for the other part of your answer, Did i not provide enough information? I neofetched my hardware info and posted that, and choices i have made has basically trolled through google, github and reddit. All resources i found basically stated “I’m sorry mate you not getting the quest to work with linux. good luck lol”. Beyond that I’m not sure how else I would structure my post beyond what I have already posted. Maybe I could have gone into more depth about How i was thinking about kvming windows but messing with grub worries me as I don’t want to brick my system. Other than that I have tried to get the quests software to run through wine. Spoiler I don’t work, not even the 3rd party software that I can use on windows to get around oculuses software works on linux. I can get it to install by switching wine to win 10 but after installing it crashes on launch so… shrug. The biggest problem is that the VR community is small and the linux vr community is even smaller so beyond headsets that work natively there isn’t really anyone who seems to know how to help.