Add/Remove Software broken after Manjaro update

Hi all. So, I’ve just updated my Manjaro KDE and the first symptom that something was off was that the desktop icons no longer showed background color when clicked. I had to work so I pushed the restart of the machine for a few days. I’ve just restarted it and now I cannot go to the Add/Remove Software. I get this error:

Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

So far it’s the only thing that’s broken along with the desktop icons.

Linux 6.1.69-1-MANJARO x86_64
Description: Manjaro Linux
Release: 23.1.1
Codename: Vulcan

I could rollback since I have a backup, but I would much prefer to solve this.

Thanks a lot!!

Hi there,

To start

sudo pacman-mirrors -f && sudo pacman -Syu

Just to make sure you are fully up to date.

As far as I know there is not a bug like this affecting everyone.

For sharing information, formatting posts, etc. See here

2 Likes

Hi! thanks a lot for the link. Will use it un the future.

As for the suggestion; I’ve ran the command and it went just fine. Now the Add/Remove Software works fine, but the icons don’t show the typical background color you would expect of a selected element.

Anyway, I’m not worrying about that now. Thanks a lot for the reply and the link to type more comprehensive questions!

Cheers!

If you are talking about pamac icons, pamac is a gtk program so you need pamac-gtk3

Hi Robin!
I’ve been looking around and couldn’t figure out if my icons are pamac, but I do know I have gtk4.
How could I get the icons information?

Thanks!

You need pamac-gtk3, pamac is gtk4 and does not work well with pamac.

:interrobang: :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.