Add recent applications items to Application Launcher (or Simple Menu)

I like the standard “Application Launcher” and even “Simple Menu”.

But when I am working I would like to just see my recently opened applications, besides my favourite applications (apps do not have to appear in both). This also makes it easy to see what I was doing earlier the day or the week.

In the standard “Application Launcher” it requires 2 extra clicks and it wasn’t obvious: Launcher > Places > History.

Is there a way to add a section “History” between “Favourites” and “All Applications” ? So that I do not have to go to Places first?

OR…
is it possible to add a section/category “History” in Simple Menu?

I tried Application Menu Editor, but it only allows me to add actual apps as items.

1 Like

No, that will require you to edit the source code. The launcher isn’t designed to be super flexible like that. As you may have seen, “Favorites” and “All Applications” aren’t editable in the “Edit Applications” context menu, that’s because they’re specially treated.

3 Likes

I’ve marked this answer as the solution to your question as it is by far the best answer you’ll get.

However, if you disagree with my choice, please feel free to take any other answer as the solution to your question or even remove the solution altogether: You are in control! (If you disagree with my choice, just send me a personal message and explain why I shouldn’t have done this or :heart: or :+1: if you agree)

:innocent:
P.S. In the future, please don’t forget to come back to your question after your issue has been solved and click the 3 dots below the answer to mark a solution like this below the answer that helped you most:
Solution
so that the next person that has the exact same problem you just had will benefit from your post as well as your question will now be in the “solved” status.

1 Like

You beat me to it :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.